About 10 days to go

Rongotti

Registered
Well this time next week I will be in Vegas getting married. When I return that mon I am going straight to the Zuk dealer and getting my first busa WOOHOO. I still have so much on my mind and so many questions about everything. One main concern of mine is my wrists hurting. I am 5-11 283 and am coming off of a 750 shadow ACE. My friend (who rides and intruder) tells me he has these gloves with gel inserts to help with the pressure that will be new to my wrists. Any pointers on this? Also I must say I still remain scared of this bike. My Wife (soon to be) was saying I am a good rider and should not be scared till I explained to her that if i rode this full throttle like I did my Shadow that it would flip both of us off the back! I am thinking my fear will do me well. Respect from what I hear runs LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way with this bike, and it seems taking the transition from cruiser to busa should come with alot of respect with some fear hand in hand. Let me know if I am making any sense

newbie.gif

Congrats on getting married in Vegas! That's going to be fun...my sister did the same last year; MGM Grande...good reason for a vacation...
smile.gif

I'm not so sure this will work for the guys because I'm shorter than most of you (well, all of you), but I learned within the first 4 or 5 minutes of riding my Busa for the first time that my wrists hurt...I dropped down across the tank and put my elbows down along the sides of the tank, taking the pressure off of my wrists and helping with longer hauls on the Busa...

Most guys end up putting risers on, upgrading the stock shield and that seems to help...me, dropping my elbows and just relaxing across the tank works fine...oh, and time on the Busa helps build up those little tiny muscles that you never use, so with time it gets easier...

Best wishes to you and your soon-to-be wife! Have a blast in Vegas and good luck with the Busa...just be patient and revel in the fact that it CAN go very fast, but doesn't necessarily have to...
tounge.gif
cool.gif

Thanks yall, Michelle I moved to Jax in Sep of 02 from Hampton I lived there for 13 yrs. I just noticed you were from that area. There is no place like home I miss it a lot. Hope your doing enough riding for both of us
wink.gif

Thanks yall, Michelle I moved to Jax in Sep of 02 from Hampton I lived there for 13 yrs. I just noticed you were from that area. There is no place like home I miss it a lot. Hope your doing enough riding for both of us  
wink.gif
Ahhh, yeah Hampton! I know it well...we travel over an hour just to see movies on the BIG screens at AMC 24!

...and I just went to Coliseum Mall on Memorial Day and couldn't even find my way around; the place has changed so much!

Well, you got it right...I want to be in Jax too! Anywhere south and in Florida is fine with me!

I'll do my best to ride for two!
tounge.gif
You'll do the same soon enough!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

There is alot of aftermarket parts out there to make your riding time on the Busa more comfortable. There are heli-bars, genmar or reaper risers that will raise the bars up and put you in a more upright postition, will take some pressure off your wrists. Differents seats, windscreens, and throttle locks.

This bike is very capable of high speeds and getting from one place to another really quick but its you and your right wrist that control all of this bike is capable of.

Congrats again and good choice on a awesome bike.

Congrats on the wedding! Did my first one in Vegas. Hope yours works out better! Anyway, sounds like you've got lots of enjoyment headed your way in the couple weeks. Enjoy and respect them all!

Um.... I am thinking you need to have the Busa in the garage first... Then get married... Priorities man....
laugh.gif

wink.gif
Ahhh, yeah Hampton!  I know it well...we travel over an hour just to see movies on the BIG screens at AMC 24!

...and I just went to Coliseum Mall on Memorial Day and couldn't even find my way around; the place has changed so much!

Well, you got it right...I want to be in Jax too!  Anywhere south and in Florida is fine with me!

I'll do my best to ride for two!  
tounge.gif
 You'll do the same soon enough!
Wow the 24 off of Big Bethel and Hampton roads center pkwy. That is where I lived there is a housing developement right across the street from the shell gas station called Michaels woods. Wow what a small world we live in huh?
smile.gif

#1 best advice anyone can give you to make it the most comfortable is

learn to use your abs and lower back muscles to support your body weight and NOT your wrists. You will find that this not only helps but nearly eliminates the problem. You should find no need to hold up ANY weight with your wrists. your upper torso should be supported by your abs/back and your arms are just used to steer.

I totally agree with Fstbusa...use your abs (it might mean you gotta do a coupla sets of crunches every night), NOT your arms, chest, or upper back back...AND use your legs!! Put the weight on the pegs, and keep yer feet there! Only take your feet off the pegs when you're at a dead stop.

I think using the upper body's strength for support (tensing up those muscle groups) takes away from your riding ability, whether it's "steering", throttling, or braking...it'll definitely slow your reaction time. Loosen up, brothas!

Congrats on the marriage and maybe you should buy the Busa now before you are married, as soon as the ring is on and the paper's signed, she may have other plans for that money !!!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Congrats on the marriage and maybe you should buy the Busa now before you are married, as soon as the ring is on and the paper's signed, she may have other plans for that money !!!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
haha you guys are probably right, but she likes riding on the back as much as I like being in the drivers seat. She bought me my first bike so I dont think this one will be a problem. Still working on that damn insurance though
sad.gif
still havent found any reasonable quotes, I will probably end up paying the $3000 + per year to progressive

Dude, get the bike first.

The rear pegs on the Busa are kinda high, not the most comfortable thing. Plus, the rear seat  kind of slants forward. My wife is not too happy with the rear seat on this bike.

Besides, if you get it before you are married, it is not a marital asset.

Back