A Tough Nut To Crack.....adjustment ?

HoboJoe

Registered
Howdy Cowboys. Can one of you tell me what size wrench or socket is required to loosen the axel nut on The Beast. This chain is way to loose. Loose women.....Good. Loose Chain......not so much. After that it's lining it up close as ya can with the adjustment nuts and should be good. No?. Im sure I've seen A post with a screenshot of the page in the owners manual on this but damned if I can find it. Thanks as always

Remember the chain snugs when the suspension compresses so you need to leave it looser than you might think while bike is unloaded. Not a bad idea to sit on it and have someone check the slack when you're done. Too tight feels good but can destroy wheel bearings very quickly (don't ask me how I know this). Check slack again after tightening the axle nut, as this tends to snug the chain a bit more too. As for aligning the wheel, using a tool is best. It's easy to make something with an aluminum tube and a couple bolts and stoppers to measure from the axle to the swing arm bolt on both sides. Getting this perfect does not appear to be super critical, but getting it really out of whack can be a problem!

I know most know all of this but can't hurt to repeat it!

Not a bad idea to sit on it and have someone check the slack when you're done

Stand on the right side of the bike, lift the bike off the kick stand, lean over, flop yer gut on the seat with the vast majority of your weight supported by the seat, lean over a bit more, reach down and check the chain tension.

bingo, no friends needed.

cheers
ken

Stand on the right side of the bike, lift the bike off the kick stand, lean over, flop yer gut on the seat with the vast majority of your weight supported by the seat, lean over a bit more, reach down and check the chain tension.

bingo, no friends needed.

cheers
ken

Ken its amazing how you've compensated for not having any friends! Lol, joking buddy.....

Yeah know, I thought about a Crescent wrench or a Box wrench as well. Figured that would be best since it applies pressure to the object directly rather than from a point outward from it like a socket. Probably wouldn't make a whole lot of difference really but it does have its application. Thanks to all

Back