A ride in the Adirondacks

frignhign

Registered
Did a ride 201 mile ride with a couple of my friends and thought I would share the pictures. Enjoy!

DSCN9430.jpg

DSCN9432.jpg

DSCN9434.jpg

DSCN9435.jpg

DSCN9437.jpg

DSCN9447.jpg

Look's like you had a great ride. Could you please post the route you took? A trip through the Adirondacks is on my list for this year. Thanks!

Awesome pics. In that first one I thought that was a dude piled up against the rock. Glad it was just my bad eyes!

Sure can. I started at Paul Smiths where I live and made my way over to Bloomingdale. I got on the River Road, (One of the twistiest roads around) and followed that road until it turns into Franklin Falls Rd. From there you take Guilespy Rd. When you get to the end of that road turn right and this will take you to the top of Whiteface Mtn. There is a $10 charge. This is where all those pictures came from. Go back down go straight until you come to a stop sign in Wilmington. Turn right onto 86. Take that all the way into Lake Placid. Turn left at the first light to get to 73 (An amazing road, so much to look at!) and follow that all the way to the I-87 take 87 south and get off at the next exit which is 29. Turn left on 2 (starts out straight then turns into some great corners, road is in perfect condition) and follow that until you come to a stop sign turn right onto 28n (this road is about 30 miles of non-stop little bumps that were very irritating but bareable) follow that until you get to Long Lake (another very cool town sea planes landing on this lake with highpeaks on either side. turn right onto onto 30 and follow that. You will go thru Tupper Lake stay on 30 which becomes a 30-3 shared road. turn left to stay on 30. it becomes a very twisty road that you dont want to miss. go straight onto 186 follow that until you get to 86. On the right is a place called Donnelly's ice cream. You have to stop there and get some. Its a farmer who makes the ice cream from his own cows. Its amazing! That is pretty much the end. From my driveway back to my driveway was 201 miles.

Oh if you want I wouldn't mind giving you the tour as long as its on a day that I have off. "Monday and Tuesday." Oh something else I forgot to mention was the regional state police headquarters is in the area. You WILL see a dozen police on this trip. But the roads are so twisty that you don't have to speed to almost drag a knee and have a great time. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. :beerchug: On my to do list.
Sure can. I started at Paul Smiths where I live and made my way over to Bloomingdale. I got on the River Road, (One of the twistiest roads around) and followed that road until it turns into Franklin Falls Rd. From there you take Guilespy Rd. When you get to the end of that road turn right and this will take you to the top of Whiteface Mtn. There is a $10 charge. This is where all those pictures came from. Go back down go straight until you come to a stop sign in Wilmington. Turn right onto 86. Take that all the way into Lake Placid. Turn left at the first light to get to 73 (An amazing road, so much to look at!) and follow that all the way to the I-87 take 87 south and get off at the next exit which is 29. Turn left on 2 (starts out straight then turns into some great corners, road is in perfect condition) and follow that until you come to a stop sign turn right onto 28n (this road is about 30 miles of non-stop little bumps that were very irritating but bareable) follow that until you get to Long Lake (another very cool town sea planes landing on this lake with highpeaks on either side. turn right onto onto 30 and follow that. You will go thru Tupper Lake stay on 30 which becomes a 30-3 shared road. turn left to stay on 30. it becomes a very twisty road that you dont want to miss. go straight onto 186 follow that until you get to 86. On the right is a place called Donnelly's ice cream. You have to stop there and get some. Its a farmer who makes the ice cream from his own cows. Its amazing! That is pretty much the end. From my driveway back to my driveway was 201 miles.

Did my freshman year at Paul Smith's, some great roads up there... would love to hit them next time I make it to NY

You were in tupper lake?? not to far from me. If you keep going south on 30 you go through blue mountain lake and into speculator if you keep going south on 30 after that you g through wells and eventually mayfield into gloversville and Johnstown that's where I'm at 30 is a sweet road all the way through

Did my freshman year at Paul Smith's, some great roads up there... would love to hit them next time I make it to NY

haha I am currently a surveying student at paul smith's. I live down Keese Mills Rd. Remember that one? I just got out of the navy in August of last year and I am going into my 3rd semester there. I love it here! You can't get any better riding, its to bad we have such long winters.

You were in tupper lake?? not to far from me. If you keep going south on 30 you go through blue mountain lake and into speculator if you keep going south on 30 after that you g through wells and eventually mayfield into gloversville and Johnstown that's where I'm at 30 is a sweet road all the way through

30 is a great road! :thumbsup:

yea, I actually was looking at the school on google earth last week... I got Hypothermia on Mt St. Regis during december in '05... a buddy and I took a day to hike it... pretty stupid...

Still have the raging lake parties? trying to remember the name of my dorm... Collier? it was right behind the Post office... had a lot of good times there... Cafeteria ever get rebuilt? I was burned to the ground by some chick whacked out on LSD one night the year I went... '05/'06 was an insane year there!!

Back