A diamond in the ruff

Yeap......time to replace clutch. Besides not disengaging while lever is pulled in now there is a rattling coming from the casing. Any suggestions on what all I should do? I saw a used compete basket and plates on eBay. Or should I just buy new plates. Unsure what all is damaged yet.

Rear brakes......what rear brakes? Haven't went by dealer yet. Was planning on it one weekend but road to work today and now clutch issue. Not sure what it is. Guess I'll crack open case and see what I see. Its just making a lot of racket and its hard to shift and never find neutral when needed. Remember....this bike had an air shifter on it. Most components there minus actuator. That may also play a role in this mess. I put stock shifter on for now. Will clutch make noise while in neutral????? Like a cars throw out bearing. Busa rattles while in neutral..... and in gear. Thanks fellas

Guess its time to take fairings back off and crack open clutch cover to find out what's going on.... stay posted for pics and updates. Dang it....its rYding season!!!! At least it looks good sitting still.

IMG_20140412_160337_308.jpg

Any input on why there is rattling in the clutch casing even when the bike is in neutral? I haven't torn into it yet. Just wondering what I'm getting into. Thanks

Nice bike bro, read through this whole thread. you got the bike for almost nothing, problems occur, Keep it going. We all want to see the finished product. And, Welcome to the ORG!

Thanks fellas. Yeah itll take a little work to be lick I want it but it'll be worth it. I'll post pics of the clutch as I go they it......stayed tuned

The only thing I don't like about bike is the instrument cluster. Most bikes have digital gear temp and a clock. My 06 is like a 90's model..:-(

Yeah it does have a clock. Well looks like a clutch bolt backed out and shreaded. Have to replace it. Found entire basket and clutch on eBay pretty reasonable. If anybody has parts let me know. Thanks.

IMG_20140503_113537_098.jpg

IMG_20140503_113540_383.jpg

IMG_20140503_114945_703.jpg

Yikes! Glad you found the noise.

Might want to think about dropping the pan to thoroughly clean it and the pickup screen.

To be thorough I am going to drop oil pan which includes taking exhaust off again. Clean everything order basket.plates.oil pan and clutch cover gasket. Reinstall and rYde. That should cover it. :please: i still got a deal on this BAD ASS MACHINE. it just needs a little TLC. Still sucks its rYding season. :banghead:

Missed bike week in myrtle beach. Should have parts ordered this week. Work on bike next weekend. Be back on road in no time.

Just had to drop a note and let ya know that your name/avatar is AWESOME! :)

Oh...and welcome and best of luck with getting the bike sorted and ready for the road!

:welcome:

Thanks Guys.... Ive been off line awhile BUT im back...Will be ready to rYde this spring. Still havent messed with rear brake set up. May go to dealer this weekend and get ideas. I may have the wrong caliper. Weird how it doesnt seem deep enough for the rotor. Unless the swing arm extension has something to do with it. Will find out soon. Stay tuned.

Back