A diamond in the ruff

Just viewed MPs web site. Looks like I have all parts for shifter minus actuator. I email them to see if I can get part or if I need a whole kit. Really only problem I have now is rear brake. Either I got wrong caliper sent to me or I have wrong hanger on bike. To the dealer I go. As far as stall when rev is reached. Its normal for air shifter. It has a fuel and engine kill. Kool. Easy fix so far....it it truly "A DIAMOND IN THE RUFF"

$320 to replace missing air shifter parts. Not too bad for a nice accessory. Now only lrob is rear brake. My hanger measures ruffly 4 5/8" from top of swing arm to tip of caliper below bolt hole. What does yours measure. Maybe mine is wrong. Thank you for your reply.

IMG_20140315_120921_025.jpg

Just looked at mine and it is about the same as yours at 4.625ish.

IMO - it's your rotor is over sized and on the Gen I it won't work.
Didn't you say that when you bought it it was missing the back break?

If so, that would lead me to believe that the other owner never got it to work either, regardless of what he might have told you.
What reason would he have of selling a bike with no rear break if it worked. Maybe he never got it to work.
It appears that you really like that rotor and for some reason are not willing to give it up. ???

IMO with all the work you are doing, go and get yourself a stock rotor for a GEN I and then the GEN I caliper will fit and
your problem will be solved.:banana:

Thanks. I'm not really attached to the rotor. It is kool but I'd rather have rear brakes. The owner that traded bike in had nice stuff on it is air shifter probably brembo caliper or chrome and I believe that much kid that worked there (said he races a busa) took the parts he wanted. I'll order stock rotor for now. I'll swing by a dealer and see what I can do to use rotor on bike as well. Maybe a different hanger. If not screw it. It'll make nice wall art. Forgot I have to check clutch as well. A lot of play in lever and bike wants to go even when lever is pulled all the in. Any ideas or is clutch shot?

Just read through your thread. Nice bike and nice work. I am not mechanically inclined enough to offer any advice but it is cool to you see you take a beautiful Busa with potential and get all its issues worked out. Welcome to the Org.

Nope it doesn't, thed play is probably in the clutch itself, have you bleed the clutch to make sure no air or moisture is in the line, are the clutch springs weak and need to be replaced, is the clutch pack (fibers and steels) in good shape? Replace the fluid with good fluid and new bleeder nipples and put a new clutch pack in it and she should be just fine.

I posted in members lost forum but just in case. This is a pic of my hero who could outrun me no matter what I was riding. He tought me how to live and be FREE. Donnie Leon Hurst I love you bro and we always ride together. See you again my friend.....

Donnie.jpg

Thanks Jeff. Hey this is probably nothing but I took a spin around the block and my spedo wasn't working. ROMs was though. I took cluster out to make sure it was plugged in. Single plug of course. I made sure it was tight. Turned key on a speedo went up. Haven't rode it again to test. But if it doesn't work?????? Its computerized isn't it?

Yes, the speedo is a motor driven by a signal from the ECU not directly from the speed sensor.

Make sure the speed sensor located on the front sprocket cover is plugged in and not physically damaged.
Also make sure the speed sensor rotor is in place.

Back