A diamond in the ruff

Got bike back together. Took a rYde everything seems to be OK. If no leaks appear o er night then I'll put fairings on tomorrow. Got to get rear brake sorted out. Feels different relying on front only. More to come.....

I checked my rear rotor size and couldn't get a good measurement with everything in place - However it appears to be smaller then the 10.25 number
given for a Gen II. I would guess about 9.5-9.75 but not over 10. Just saying you might go for a stock rotor and get brakes for the summer or at least
to get you riding and then if you want to go back to a fancy one you could do that later.

Thanks bro. I definetly got to get rear brakes. I hate relying on just fronts. I got a question.....this thing spins like crazy when it hits the rev limiter it won't re engage motor for a bit. Its like it shuts down. My other bikes when rev limiter was reached it would back off when you shift and go. This one delays even when shifted. Is that normal. It has a speed box and powder commander on it maybe I need to adjust? And don't you hate when there are parts left over after you work on vehicles???? Hey what's a part or two no biggie.... I had this left over..hmmm

IMG_20140207_163550_560.jpg

Did get a chance early this morning to wind it up in 5th gear...speed recall courtesy of SpeedoHealer.:laugh:
(corrected/GPS verified speed is definitely faster than OEM indicated speed:whistle:)

176mph3-9-14006_zpscc5dfa0d.jpg

Thanks bro. I definetly got to get rear brakes. I hate relying on just fronts. I got a question.....this thing spins like crazy when it hits the rev limiter it won't re engage motor for a bit. Its like it shuts down. My other bikes when rev limiter was reached it would back off when you shift and go. This one delays even when shifted. Is that normal. It has a speed box and powder commander on it maybe I need to adjust? And don't you hate when there are parts left over after you work on vehicles???? Hey what's a part or two no biggie.... I had this left over..hmmm

That's gunna be one heck of a trick to get a early '90's Chevy TBI manifold stuffed in your Busa!

I don't have any info. on the limiter bro,I've accidentally hit mine two or three times in 1st gear(over a two year period)and then immediately shifted into 2nd and never skipped a beat.

My liter bikes would hit the rev and kind of bog down until ideal rpms was reached. This bike losses all throttle response even when shifted for altleast 30 sec before I can do anything. No biggie but it happens when I'm on street and when it reengages it yanks you back. Also. Any ideas how to adjust the clutch??? Its hydrolic correct?

My liter bikes would hit the rev and kind of bog down until ideal rpms was reached. This bike losses all throttle response even when shifted for altleast 30 sec before I can do anything. No biggie but it happens when I'm on street and when it reengages it yanks you back. Also. Any ideas how to adjust the clutch??? Its hydrolic correct?
You're out of my league on that one. Use the advanced search tool here. I have read other threads, mainly from guys who drag professionally that have after market set ups that include adjustment and setup. The factory clutch doesn't give you that advantage.

Your bike should not bog at all after hitting the limiter. Maybe try running it without the juice box to see if the problem goes away (who knows what map is in it). Does any black smoke come out of the exhaust when you don't have any throttle response? Really hard to sort out an issue like this without actually seeing/hearing the bike run.

tell u what- take all that stuff off- u dont need it- then, if u really set on it- add it back one by one.. till ur so heavy I BLOW RIGHT PAST U!!:rofl:

sorry, was irresistible- just eliminate the extraneous and you'll find the issue...

no smoke. yesterday i opened it up while rolling it bogged (acted like it was out of gas) and was dying i down shifted to restart it did same thing. I pulled off and tried to start...nothing. the kickstand was down just alittle. im wondering if actually the rear wheel is hopping making the kick stand engage to kill motor???? the exhaust does rest right on kick stand. ill try to hit rev limiter while parked and see how it does. Im usually not one to rev it all the time but this thing spins crazy when opened up. Im sure its something minor. Thanks guys.

As far as the kickstand - I would make sure the bolt is tight and the spring is in the right location. Maybe replace it,
if it appears weak and lets the stand move easy. Just checked mine and it is fairly stiff to move with my hand.
I don't believe mine would move going over bumps of any kind.

Have you checked the spark plugs?

How old is the battery? If it is over a few years old, I might replace it just for peace of mind.
There are many posts about how what appears to be a good battery caused problems - new battery fixed the problems - just saying..........

Do you know for sure there is no crud in the fuel pump and or gas tank. There is a screen in the fuel pump.
When I had problems and took mine apart my screen had some junk on it. Not real bad, but still had some.
How about running a can of Seafoam through it?
You can't just look in the fuel tank it has to be emptied and the fuel pump removed to be able to look inside. The injectors can also have some crud around
them and might be worth taking a look at them also.

One more thought - If you really feel the need to wind it up to the rev limit - Get a TRE - Problem solved :whistle:

I check plugs and filter and put seafoam in it. Thanks for advise. I checked air filter just because it was easy to get to when I had bike apart. Its clean. Wonder if I lost programing when I unhooked battery ??? I'm going to contact these manufactures to get map download. I checked two brothers site but they only listed 08 and up busa. So here's what I got....

IMG_20140313_160826_666.jpg

IMG_20140311_193330_738.jpg

Eye catching Busa, and it sounds like you've had plenty to do to keep you busy with her while you get to know her better :)

Welcome to the oRg! BTW, we love pics, so keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

Thanks...UPDATE. I called MPs apparently this bike had an air shifter on it. That's what the box is for. The guy that worked at place I got bike must of robed it along with the rear brakes. They also informed me that new bikes has a fuel shut off when rev limiter is reached. Nothing I can do there. Just keep it under limit and I'll be OK. Dang that's going to suck when I run it at commerce drag strip. May get a shift light. And I am deffinetly getting another air shifter to put on her. As far as the juice box they said just be patient and adjust it as needeed. No download for that one. At least now I know what's up.

Back