A diamond in the ruff

Yeah....its registered and titles clean. Not sure about wheel. if the rotor was round like a normal one I believe it would work. You can tell it had brakes before due to the surface scratches and rust. I'll keep digging. Thanks for the advise everybody

I'm wondering if this caliper came off a 1000. It has no part number on it to reference. I contacted seller. Hopefully he gets back to me. I placed caliper on top of rotor just to see and yes its not as deep as the one that was on bike before as you cantell by worn marks on rotor...

IMG_20140223_083300_531.jpg

Got my oil pan situation sorted out. Put back together. Before I reinstalled exhaust I'm going to order the mod Jeff informed me about. Still unable to solve rear brake issue. I believe I need a different hanger for caliper. More to come.

still no luck with rear brake. must be an aftermarket hanger that is longer available? As far as mod, Jeff I have a friend making the block off plates. Should work fine. More research to come. Hopefully be rYding soon......:drama:

If worse comes to worse,screw the rear brake(think I've used mine twice in the past two years:laugh:).Definitely something wrong with that rotor,should be a good used OEM one around pretty cheap.

Yeah I can ride without brakes. I am doing research on rotor though. It is pretty kool. They had it hooked up before.took off the pipe to make that block off plate for mod. Easy enough. Start putting back together this weekend. Weather getting a little better should be ready to rYde soon. More to come. Thanks Jeff.

I'm probably gonna get a poke in the eye for my screw the rear brake comment(if worse comes to worse that is:laugh:)and any functioning rear brake is better than none at all so keep looking into it bro.:thumbsup:

Got my block off plates done. Ready to put bike back together this weekend. Fill it with oil make sure it has no leaks. Should be able to rYde it alittle while I dive into the rear brake issue. thanks again for the tips Jeff.

IMG_20140306_213600_587.jpg

Back