8/25/12 Duke hospital Childen's Ride, Pm me for more info or address.

Loomis

Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Registered
Signup begins at 9 a.m. at Scooters, and we leave at 11, headed to some of the local bike shops. Then to Duke Children's Hospital to meet some of the kids, then to Scooter's for a big after-party with live band, and you get a free bbq dinner with your participation.

I, like most on this site, have a day-job, in order to afford the S1000RR, and I'd like to invite any of you who are within driving distance of Raleigh to come join me on August 25th to raise some money for the kids at Duke Children's Hospital.

I work in Cancer Research/Anesthesia for Duke Med, (hence my screen name) and years ago I started a charity motorcycle ride to raise money for the kids at Duke. This year, the 13th Annual All-Star Ride for Life will roll out from Scooter's Grill and Bar at 11 a.m. Sign-up begins at 9, so you have two hours to get there and sign in. Cost is $20, which gets you a t-shirt and barbeque dinner at ride's end. 100% of the proceeds go directly to the Duke Children's Miracle Network, which disperses the money to the hospital. No-one makes any money off this ride. Not me, not any of my sponsors, no-one. I just wanted to do something to try and make things a bit better for those kids and their parents. (the ones with that deer-in-the-headlights look) So far, we've raised upwards of $250,000. I'd sure appreciate your help if you can find it in your heart to do so.

Please, if you can, come ride with me on Saturday, August 25th. Please share your good health and good fortune with some kids who've had neither.

And if you're not within driving distance to Raleigh, if you want to help out the kids at Duke, just email me your address and size shirt you want, and I'll send you one. You don't have to pay in advance, I know you're good for it. Thanks everyone!

Sincerely
Stan Simmerson, RN
Duke University Medical Center

Back