5989 miles on stock rear

I have read that the problem with pluging is if moisture gets in it can cause the belts to separate and tire can come apart at speed = disaster. Those that have run with plugs, did you run em at triple digit speed?

I've been very fortunate with the stock rear tire. As stated in the topic about 5000 miles with a self vulcanizing plug.
"self vulcanizing plug"

Hey 1313, what is this? and where can I find one?
Thanx - K

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073969681 -->

Those that have run with plugs, did you run em at triple digit speed?[/QUOTE]

I never raced with mine, but I did run up into the triple digits a handful of times. No problems.

I ran mine at the strip actually everytime I ran at the track it was with a plug. Yes it reached speeds well over 160mph. I doubt that it's safe to so with a plug but never the less, it was done. Hawaiibusa, a self vulcanizing plug turns itself into ruber and supposedly "bonds" itself to the rubber of the tire. It's fairly common at any NAPA or Auto Zone. This was the first one I'd ever used on a bike, but have used many on my other vehicles. They've always worked very well. By far the best of the other plugs out there. I've never had one leak.

8k+ on the factory rear .... for you guys getting 3k or less ... I have to ask are you keeping you air pressure checked and what psi are you running it at
rock.gif

5800 mi on my stock tire, could have got 6000 or so, but lost a plug on an exit ramp after running 150mph or so. Close call! You guys running regular tire plugs ,be careful, as for me, if I ever have to use a plug again I,ll
go with a patch plug.

8k+ on the factory rear .... for you guys getting 3k or less ... I have to ask are you keeping you air pressure checked and what psi are you running it at
rock.gif
Dez! Thats the most i have ever heard of on a rear tire, how hard are you ridin? Anything over 4K is real good with these soft compounds. Maybe alot of freeway miles for you high milagers?
rock.gif

rock.gif

thats incredible milage my bike has 2000 miles and im ready for my third back tire many irresponsible burnouts but no line locks being and avid off road rider i feel very comfortable with a loose back end and this bike just frys the tire very impressivly i geuss i am what freinds have called a hoodlum biker always acting

rock.gif
Dez! Thats the most i have ever heard of on a rear tire, how hard are you ridin? Anything over 4K is real good with these soft compounds. Maybe alot of freeway miles for you high milagers?
rock.gif
Yeah I'd say I have about 4k highway touring miles on it. I usually do about about 2k touring miles a years. So those are pretty much highway miles about 90+. The rest are twisties (deals gap, blue ride parkway, etc) and commuter/around town miles.

As for how hard I ride, I ride alot, not sure if I can really say how hard I ride
rock.gif
? I ride my mood. I figure it was just a good tire and I maintained the air pressure. I guess I'll see how much the next tire gets. I'll keep you posted.

rock.gif

rock.gif

oh and plugs i run them rubber cord types after they get heated up they are hard to even get out when you take the tire off there like welded to the inside have run many plugs through the years even multible plugs in some ocassion on bigger gashes and any of the quad guys will tell you the same i have 6 plugs in a gash in my back tire on my quad they were put there the first day i had them and hve been there since i believe they work pretty well

Back