500 mile ride

war69

Registered
Rode 500 miles today to take this pic of my best friends headstone. Im gonna make a canvas print and give it to his dad for christmas. What do you all think. Will he like and is it in good taste?

1.jpg

I think it's a very thoughtful gesture and I know his dad would love it. Everyone should have a friend like you.

I like the first one myself.

He was only 3 days younger than me. There's just something strange about seeing your birthday ~give or take~ on a headstone.

He was way too young. I hope he finds peace.

Is it ok to give someone a reminder of their sons death on Christmas?
I don't know? May be a strange gift to unwrap?

That is what crosses my mind. We have been friends for many years and I think he will like it. His room has been untouched since but they continue to add memories to it.
Is it ok to give someone a reminder of their sons death on Christmas?
I don't know? May be a strange gift to unwrap?

that can be a tough one.....my father passed away two weeks before christmas when i was 17. it's been 9 years since and it still hits me sometimes around this year, but if someone did that for me i would be deeply grateful.

that can be a tough one.....my father passed away two weeks before christmas when i was 17. it's been 9 years since and it still hits me sometimes around this year, but if someone did that for me i would be deeply grateful.

Well there you go. First hand thoughts.

Sorry for your loss.

What do you all think. Will he like and is it in good taste?

Definitely not in bad taste, as it was done with the best of intentions. It will bring back memories for his dad of course, but I'm sure this time of year, he's already thinking of him plenty.

Back