4th GOP Debate by FBN & WSJ - Nov 10th 2015

Bronto

Registered
FOX Business Network & Wall Street Journal GOP Debates from Milwaukee.

Live Streaming : FOX Business Network & Wall Street Journal GOP Debates | Live Coverage

DBN_debate_promo_7-9.jpg

5:00 pm EST First Debate aka Happy Hour Debate. Santorum, Christie, Huckabeee, and Jindal

7:00 pm EST Second Debate aka Main debate. Trump, Carson, Rubio, Cruz, Bush, Fiorina, Kasich, and Paul.

Debate Candidate Lineup : FOX Business Network/WSJ GOP Candidate Debate Lineup Announced | Fox Business

The FOX Business Network & Wall Street Journal GOP Debates go in-depth on issues impacting our economy, including jobs, taxes, and international and domestic policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a question for everyone - do you watch both sides? GOP and the democratic debates? I tried....and failed...I won't say which one bored me more, I'll just say I had a tougher time watching one side over the other, that's all :hide:

I watch both as i want to be informed and have a good idea how screwed i will be when the idiotic general populace votes .

I watched them both...although I had to stick myself in the thigh with an ice pick to watch the Dem debates...

Here's a question for everyone - do you watch both sides? GOP and the democratic debates? I tried....and failed...I won't say which one bored me more, I'll just say I had a tougher time watching one side over the other, that's all :hide:

I couldn't watch the dems either.:laugh:

Yes to watching both sides. In this area Democrats rule and I just want to know what BS is coming down the pike.

I couldn't watch the dems either.:laugh:

I've been very vocal here about how I feel about politics in general, but damn, it was tough to watch...

Having said that, the GOP debate isn't a bowl full of cherries either, so I'm going back to the fact that I hate politicians...

We're doomed!

I hope tonight they ask tough, substantive questions, and get substantive answers. Show the voters what a real debate should look like!

Wow, where to start ? Everyone has their own Tax Reform Plan.
One of the back and forth exchange was when Kasich called other's plans as not practical that his is the only one done from experience. Rubio tax plan was called into question by Paul, as it didn't addresses Rubio's increased defense spending. Each has their own website they said to find out specifics of their plan. Trump may of sized it up best when he said all the Tax Plans by everyone here on stage and earlier debate has a better tax plan then the current one. Cruz remarked current plan has more words then does the Bible and without any of the good words.
Minimum wage $15/hour.
Illegal Immigration.
The Federal Reserve.
Wall Street and too big to fail.
Import/Export and Executive vs Congressional influence on trade agreements.
Obama regulations from Obamacare and other regulations by Government. Damn forgot who said they'll take every regulation Obama made was cancel them. Obamacare was on the Hitlist for Cruz, Rubio and Paul. Forina may of indirectly shown Obamacare effect on employers as the wrong way. heh finishing off with her signature line "It's time the people took back their government."

I thought the debate went pretty well. Substantive not "Kardashian reality show" questions. Allowed some debate but not not too much. Even went over on time. I still think Cruz is the smartest of them all.

Cruz has some talents for sure. He is an Ivy league Debate Champion. He has a audiophotographic memory. Can recall anything he hears include the infliction in speech. Can see a little fear others have in engaging him in any arguments. He certainly gives them hell in the Senate.
https://www.tedcruz.org/

The entire Debate was about an hour too long. Business, Banking, Investors, International Trade aren't the most exciting subjects. Big Government was pegged as the bad boy in everything causing trouble. Either too much regulation or highly taxed, Government involvement isn't necessary and is harmful.
Thought of a show by Stossell telling his experience to over regulate a Roller Rink. In a Roller Rink the Rules are simple "Go CouterClockwise" so when Government gets involved there is some going to fast other too slow. It demonstrated how well something functioned without government involvement and how government wrecks it. The same with anything that functions well by itself without regulations and how Big Government People seek to involve Government in everything.
It was common among all the Candidates to reduce Government. The extent varied from across the board cuts, Zero based accounting to eliminating many agencies(Paul).

Too bad can't piece together the candidates into one candidate. Paul and Cruz are Constitutionalists motivated to make government more what the founders intended. Rubio, Jingal and Carson most Conservatives.

Back