4psi boost map

Iceman_2770

Registered
Hi guys and girls

I am just about done with my turbo build.

Can anyone help me out with a base map to start tuning.

I have std injectors, bosch 044 pump, 1:1 FPR, non intercooled plenum and 3 bar map sensor
the turbo has an external wastegate so i should not get any boost creep.

I have fitted a woolich racing data logger with wide band afr logger as well.

Just looking for a rich map to start from so i don't have a melt down when i start it.

thank heaps

Are you running the ecu or a power commander? If you are running a PC, I have an ultra rich map. I have a TAFR map that I wanted some feedback on, maybe you can just richen the hell out of it from 5k-11k on 60-80 100 TPS and start reducing? Its hard to find a good TAFR map. I have a 7psi spring but that shouldnt make any difference. From my understanding, the ideal AFR is 11.8 for max power at any boost. My friend just ran a 8.03 yesterday and I looked at his WEGO logs. 11.8 for almost the whole run, or as close as I could tell, my head was swimming from the heat and humidity. And Sidney built that bike, tuned it completely without a dyno. 20lbs boost. Track only bike of course but I imagine he did the same as you and I are doing. Here, let me post my NON SAFE TAFR and see if anybody will walk you through how to mod mine to a closer safe. I am not running this map yet until I get enough feedback. I am running a stupid rich PC map for racing.

Here is my quickly built edit from a stock map, this is NOT SAFE until we get some feedback.

tafr.jpg

THats true. He doesnt have an FMU so his boost will be directly from AFR right? That seems complicated from a small boost unit.

Back