2600 miles round trip,great vacation!

02spool

Registered
Got in last night,2 hours later than expected.
Seems the rear tire had seen enough excitement! We had to put a rear tire on in Va. as it was down to a 100 miles to go with 300+ to complete the journey.:whistle:The front made it with little too spare!
I was sitting down to eat lunch,looked out the window,and proceeded to run out side!:banghead: Not good:whistle:
The previous night I looked it over at the hotel and felt comfortable to make it home.
Advice here people-keep a close eye-I have seen many threads about such an occurance and now have my own story!
On a side note,if it had not rained for 2 days after the bash I was planning on getting at least a rear tire at wheelers before heading home. Again,hard to judge wear rate.

Thank god for credit cards(in this instance anyway???)We were down to 8$ at our last gas stop,like I said... it was a good vacation:laugh:
This is the first time I had to change a tire in under 3,000 miles! Tire was at about 2,700 when changed.1,300 + less miles than the previous BT016(awesome tires!) That tire went over 200+ 4 times in a row(LSR loring 1 1/2mile) AND HAD AT LEAST TWICE THE HIGHWAY MILES! Now I can somewhat fathom/appreciate those 2,000 mile tire threads,...you guys are railing!
I guess the twisties affect the whole tire(heat) more than just the sides????

Anywhoo,Had a blast as usual,at the bash, and made a few more friends! Thanks to the .org and all you fellow fanatics out there.

Will post some pics in another thread, when we upload them.:beerchug:

Glad you made it home safe, yo!

Good advice to watch that rubber, too. Muy importante. Regardless of how long it's been on there. I've seen brand new tires which have picked up nails/screws...so...:whistle:

Sounds like you had a blast though.

:beerchug:

Yeah Scar ,A lot of fun third year in a row,5,000+ bash miles! Do we have a mile awards(mo Credit cards) program?:laugh:

Yeah Scar ,A lot of fun third year in a row,5,000+ bash miles! Do we have a mile awards(mo Credit cards) program?:laugh:

Well, if you came to the Stampede, you'd certainly be a contender for the prize...:beerchug:

Little further trek for you, though...:whistle:

It was great to see you and Irene again Walt. Wish we could have road together, but there is a next time. :thumbsup:
Glad yall made it home safe.

Shane, yeah I would like that very much.
I bet you are at the top of the 2,000 mile tire list. Good to talk with you again.:beerchug:

Scar, hope to make it out that way some year.Even if it requires a bike rental,or a tire supply truck to follow behind!:laugh:

Glad you made it back safely! Good to see and shat with both again! Good call on your back tire! I just replaced mine too after the BASH! For some reason it was worn out too!:whistle: Nice 08 Gen2 you got!:thumbsup:

Thanks Tim, was good too catch up with you,all be it briefly.
Was nice to meet your GF,we both think she is a sweetheart.
Yeah it's funny we all seem to have tire issues...:rofl:
Till we meet up again.:beerchug:

I had the same thing happen to me when I went to SoCal to ride with the Hoons. Made it home with maybe 500 miles to go before the tire was done.

Walt, great meeting you and echo above that you have a well taken care of Bird.

Funny, my tires have about 2600 miles on em too but I'm sure (sans a puncture) they will last several thoudand more miles. (WOW did I get wet on the trip home - lot's of cars pulled off the road to wait / guess I'm lucky or stupid.)

Those plugs for rotor bolts.... Is that a Harley Davidson purchase? Due tell please...

Hi Bruce,
you better get alot more miles to the tire, on that sled.:bowdown:.
We made it to our destination, with only a few minutes in the rain, at the end.Stayed dry and thankful,guess we should have skipped lunch.

The hex head rotor plugs are a suzuki/yamaha??? part. The bolt covers are kool kovers by MC enterprises via jc whitney. They used to sell them in a 6 to 10 pack, any metric size.
Now they only list them in whole bike applications, cruisers. Here is the# if you want to ? them about it.
866-886 2368 mcenterprisesusa.com Let us know if you can still get them by the pack?
I bought loads of them for my V-max and had left overs. :beerchug:

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00797.jpg

Back