2023 GSX-8S

Interesting.......

Not sure that will sell over here.
If we look at similar bikes, they didn't sell...the old GS650F for instance

Or pretty much any of the other competition of a similar size and design....

Add a recession and crazy interest rates and it is a recipe for sagging sales.

Interesting.......

Not sure that will sell over here.
I don't know, Yamaha sells a ton of MT/FZ-07s here and the new Suzuki is a direct competitor for that bike with the parallel-twin engine. If they can undercut the Yamaha's price, they may have a winner.

Also, since it's a replacement for the popular SV650, those buyers will likely buy one too.

What's strange for me is that now the GSX-S750 has a "bigger" brother in the GSX-8S, yet the smaller cc bike has WAY better performance. With two bikes from the same manufacturer with almost the same displacement and therefore insurance bracket, who would choose the weaker one? Unless Suzuki is planning to axe the 750.... :(

I don't know, Yamaha sells a ton of MT/FZ-07s here and the new Suzuki is a direct competitor for that bike with the parallel-twin engine. If they can undercut the Yamaha's price, they may have a winner.

Also, since it's a replacement for the popular SV650, those buyers will likely buy one too.

What's strange for me is that now the GSX-S750 has a "bigger" brother in the GSX-8S, yet the smaller cc bike has WAY better performance. With two bikes from the same manufacturer with almost the same displacement and therefore insurance bracket, who would choose the weaker one? Unless Suzuki is planning to axe the 750.... :(
Oh yeah, I forgot they discontinued the SV.....

Maybe insurance might be less expensive if they go by number of cylinders along with displacement like they do here.

Back