2015 Busa Luggage.

paul2484

Registered
hi guys want to do some travelling this year on the busa so want to get some hard shell luggage for my bike, any suggestions on type brand and where you would recommend purchase from. I'm from kent uk.

thanks in advance.
p

Paul, Givi and SW Motech are both out of UK and have several options for hard side bags and top cases. A link to SW Motech is here:
http://www.motohaus.com/acatalog/SW-Motech.html

I currently have Corbin Beetle Bags on my 2008:
1108163.jpg

They are perfect for what I am using them for, which is to store a shirt or two, bottles of water, battery jumper pack, a few tools, etc... but, if I were going to do any serious traveling, I would go with removable hard bags that had more storage capacity. As GIXERHP mentioned, there are several here who use the ventura system and everyone I know that uses it is a fan - but I don't know if they make hard side bags... lots of options out there - and if you do a search here on the forums for luggage, you'll find pics of setups that might give you a good idea of what you want to see and use.

Please keep in mind though that hard sidebags make the Busa really wide in the rear - just something to consider:
1108158.jpg

(sorry for the gratuitous pics of Toothless :) )
Good Luck!

Last edited:
If you have your heart set on hard bags then these may not be for you.
I like them very well and have gotten groceries etc. many times.
They are expandable and hold a fair amount.
Removable if need be.
They are the RKA bags. I got them from www.Pashnit.com

P587_zpswtbvnxse.jpg

RedBusa_zps78341d77.jpg

hi guys want to do some travelling this year on the busa so want to get some hard shell luggage for my bike, any suggestions on type brand and where you would recommend purchase from. I'm from kent uk.

thanks in advance.
p
I went with the Givi hard bags and SWMOTECH quick release mounts. Love them. Especially like the quick release since I usually ride without the bags. No ugly mounting brackets to look at. It only takes a minute to mount the brackets and bags.

I have done soft bags for years on previous bikes , but after owning a FJR1300 hard bags cant be beat . no trash bags to keep clothes dry or funky rain covers that get lost . One button , and there off into the hotel room / home / campsite . If you commute to work the stuff is locked on vs Velcro/straps . Ventura is good stuff , but takes away passenger possibility .

IMG_3296_zpsnddea5sm.jpg

20161222_210336_HDR_zpsyllouixc.jpg

20161222_210326_HDR_zpsrb6moaam.jpg

20170101_135916_HDR_zpsefipgwxw.jpg

20161222_165210_HDR_zpsltttj8lq.jpg

20161220_193634_HDR_zps4uel1nmw.jpg

20161222_164945_HDR_zpspktnyltg.jpg

Screenshot_2016-10-23-19-31-38_zpsjdxzouhi.png

20161023_095507_zps1hdec4sb.jpg

I dont know what your saying that Ventura takes away from 2 up.. the bag faces back with a passenger! Not a problem at all. As a matter of fact, you can still run 2 bags that zip together, the smaller one facing forward, and still have a passenger!
I have done soft bags for years on previous bikes , but after owning a FJR1300 hard bags cant be beat . no trash bags to keep clothes dry or funky rain covers that get lost . One button , and there off into the hotel room / home / campsite . If you commute to work the stuff is locked on vs Velcro/straps . Ventura is good stuff , but takes away passenger possibility .

View attachment 1571203
View attachment 1571204
View attachment 1571205
View attachment 1571206
View attachment 1571207
View attachment 1571208
View attachment 1571209
View attachment 1571210
View attachment 1571211

There is nothing wrong with either set up, they all achieve the same result, carry stuff!

To each his own!

Hard luggage is definitely nice, but for me it came down to price and use. I use me soft luggage maybe three long weekends a year. I don't two up when I travel, so that gives me extra room to strap down a dry bag if I need to rake more stuff. Given I can't carry a sheet cake across the state but have never had a reason to. When the wife and I do take longer trips she will take the HD and usually I end up with less on the busa for a 10 day trip than I do for a long weekend.

As far as security goes hard bags may be a bit better but let's face it not much. If a waste of oxygen thief wants in your hard bags it's going to take about two seconds longer than soft bags. For that matter 10 seconds and they can have the whole bike.

I wish I traveled enough to justify the price of hard luggage but I can't. To be completely honest if I could I would probably just spend I little extra and get a nice third wheel trailer and not have a single bag hiding the sexy lines of my bike.

thanks guys i've got a couple of months before we start our travels so I'll take on board your comments before I choose I'll let you all no. our big ride out is in July to Germany so looking forward to it.

A bit confused now, just been to a Suzuki dealer and they said I can't buy panniers for my busa as it can't take the weight load if I had hair is pull it out :') can anyone give me any part numbers for givi or other brands similar thanks guys

A bit confused now, just been to a Suzuki dealer and they said I can't buy panniers for my busa as it can't take the weight load if I had hair is pull it out :') can anyone give me any part numbers for givi or other brands similar thanks guys
First mistake was going to the dealer. Lol! Follow links given above and you should be good. If you type "touring" on the search bar, it will give you a list of threads with tons of ideas and pics with different setups

First mistake was going to the dealer. Lol! Follow links given above and you should be good. If you type "touring" on the search bar, it will give you a list of threads with tons of ideas and pics with different setups
tell me about it, had a feeling the guy was talking crap

Back