2014 Touring Hayabusa

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Blrry, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Blrry

Blrry Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Andrew
    This bike is set up to be a very comfortable and powerful touring bike for one or two up touring. Unfortunately, my knees can't handle the long trips, in spite of the awesome ergonomic upgrades I paid for. San Antonio, TX area.

6840 miles
    $12,500 sale price

The 2014 model comes newly equipped with Brembo Monobloc high-performance calipers and an Antilock Brake System. These features are sure to appeal to lone riders cruising the highway as well as touring couples.

Additionally this bike comes with full Givi touring luggage
    Top case Givi V56NN Maxia 4 (just released this last August) $316
    Side Cases Givi V35 $521
    3 lock and key set (one key opens all cases) $50

SW-MOTECH Alu-rack Toprack $214
    SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO Profile Side Case Racks $270
    SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock Anti-Theft Fasteners $45

PMR Components mirror extenders $40
    Left and Right GSXR 600 mirrors $40

LSL/ABM Handlebar/triple tree replacement - moves handlebars up and back for much more comfortable touring ride - several times the rearset and elevation than Helibars! Also replaces clutch lever to ABS unit with braided stainless steel brake lines - $529

Black superbike handlebar $30

Pazzo Racing levers $248.99

Throttlemeister black and silver milled finish $150

Pro-oiler (never have to stop and oil your chain!) $226

Screaming-Banshee air horn - $165

Brand new Michelin Pilot Road 4 (front and back) put on January of this year - $350

Speedo-healer $109

Motorcycle had fairing damage by movers - all repairs done by Kent Powersports to return bike to As-New condition. Has a couple of small chips from tiny rocks kicked up by cars, but you have to look hard for them.

Buell pegs - lowered the pegs approximately 1" for more comfortable seating position. Have original pegs $96

MRA Vario touring screen $178

Genuine Suzuki Hayabusa cycle cover $121

Motolight Ultrabright LED $643

T-Rex Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders $135

Bursig Center Lift Stand $633

Dark Smoke Zero Gravity SR Series Windscreen $80

That's $5331 in top of the line accessories. No cheap bits added to this machine!

Engine never messed with, kept stock exhaust as I didn't want extra noise on long trips.

Made one multi day trip and it was fantastically comfortable (used an airhawk seat which I gave my uncle so it is not for sale). Occasional short rides of a few hours and a couple of day rides is all this bike has had on it. Many Hayabusas on the .oRg have over 100k miles on them, so this is a bike that if you are built for it will go a long, long time. Sadly, my knee is no longer able to take being bent for long periods, no matter the car or motorcycle I'm in.

Selling the whole package, not going to split it up.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mabupa

mabupa Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Miguel
    Beatiful bike. Good luck with the sale. You might want to post mileage and a price. You said you don't want to split it, but let me know if you want to sell the bursig stand. I'm very interested.

3. Blrry

Blrry Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Andrew
    Thanks, mabupa, I copied/pasted my craigslist/cycletrader post which have a separate place to enter those values, glad you caught that. Selling it for a song, I feel like, but I love the machine and would love to see it go to someone who could ride it like I wish I could. Maybe after a knee replacement I'll be able to ride again, but that's still a few years off (the surgeons keep telling me I'm too young, but I sure don't feel it in my right knee!)

She's low miles, and considering what is included, I think it's a helluva price :)

If I were in the market all over again, I'd look into a ABUS Skylift stand - think Bursig but higher lift, and can raise the front wheel/rear wheel 5' off the ground! Still, rolling the bike around the garage, keeping the tires and suspension unloaded, it's nice to have a stand like this - for maintenance and cleaning too! I'd hate to sell my baby and not have her Bursig go with her.

Pics are OEM tires - the new ones are on it now. Pics were taken late last summer, didn't ride it basically since then :(

4. c10

c10 Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Bryan
    To bad you didn't post this 7 months ago I would of bought it . My bike is set up nearly like yours ,just need sw motec racks for my 21 liter little givi monokey bags I got last week .
    I'm saving for racks now . If for some. Reason you get a buyer who does not want racks n bags please contact me I'm in Houston . Gls sir

5. PADEROLIS

PADEROLIS Registered

Contests won:
    You've got it outfitted nicely!! Sorry to see you need to sell it due to knee issues; GLWS!

6. macd7919

macd7919 Registered

Contests won:
    Nice looking bike!

With that said, do your aftermarket prices include install? It seems as though the costs cited are considerably over the retail costs listed on the manufacturers websites. For instance, pazzo levers are $199 retail from the manufacturer, screaming banshees are $99, throttlemeisters are $123. Assuming these were professionally installed you may want to mention that so prospective buyers have peace of mind it was all done right. GLWS!

7. GNBRETT

GNBRETT Registered

Contests won:
    thats wicked! perfect daily driver and great color.

8. Excursion05

Excursion05 Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Jeff Bandy
    I know how you feel. I was ready for a knee replacement at 33 and went through 4 surgeons, worthless injections, and5 years of waiting before I finally found a surgeon who replaced my left knee at 38. Now I'm 49 and it's time to get my right knee replaced. Good luck and keep looking for a new surgeon. If you have a university / teaching hospital anywhere near you I'd give them a shot.

9. steven

steven Registered

Contests won:
    Still available...?

10. 1198ho

1198ho Registered

Contests won:
    Is your busy still for sale? Text me 949-322-7888. Thanks 1198ho

11. 1198ho

1198ho Registered

Contests won:
    Busa*

12. c10

c10 Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Bryan
    If I remember right he decided to keep it . Andrew , and I spoke in p.m's FYI all his work is 1st class as you can see macd7919 .