2014 MotoGP Test

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
First test of the year, and guess who's on top? http://resources.motogp.com/files/t...epang_classification_1.pdf?version=1391508559 Hope that Nicky sorts out the Open-Class Honda.

image-1804975709.jpg

surprised Rossi was faster than Lorenzo, maybe he is still healing. However, they did more than 60 laps

BB

Keep in mind this is not the results of a race. It's a test & tune. Look at it as a preseason NFL game, it doesn't define the winners and losers, it just gives the contestants a place to practice in real time.

IMHO from last years MotoGP races Lorenzo is still the man to beat. Honda is the better bikes on tracks where top speed shines but I'd still put my money on Lorenzo if he doesn't have mechanical failures.

Great for Rossi, hope Suzuki gets up a bit from the rear.
Rossi looks great so far, and it seems his decision to part with Burgess has given him a new start. We'll see once the season starts, because he definitely has the bike. Suzuki should make some progress, but remember they're only testing for a return in 2015.

surprised Rossi was faster than Lorenzo, maybe he is still healing. However, they did more than 60 laps
Good point, but I think Rossi has something to prove to himself. I recall him saying that, if his performance doesn't improve in the next two seasons, he would reconsider his future in MotoGP. I think he's still got it. And I think Nicky still has it ... you could see it when they ran a wet race (when the Ducati was equalized in grip to the other bikes), and he was right there on top. Too bad he can't find a ride with a competitive team.

Keep in mind this is not the results of a race. It's a test & tune. Look at it as a preseason NFL game, it doesn't define the winners and losers, it just gives the contestants a place to practice in real time.

IMHO from last years MotoGP races Lorenzo is still the man to beat. Honda is the better bikes on tracks where top speed shines but I'd still put my money on Lorenzo if he doesn't have mechanical failures.

No doubt Honda and Yamaha are at the top, and the difference is going to fall on incremental adjustments that give a few tenths' benefit.

Back