2012 zx-14r

what you get is bile with that is essentially GEN2 Big bore with a factory waruntee Unless Suzuki can do better spring my find me on one.

:lol: sounds like you will be the first to jump ship. Seems like the same was said and happened back in 06. Then when the S1000RR came out and when the new ZX10R came out. Sure don't hear much from any of them any more.

Best of luck to you Sir no matter what your chosen scoot is. :thumbsup:
Posted from my dunce stool via Tapatalk
I"m not loyal to any brand, thats why its esay for me to see how good this bike is. I just dig bikes dont care who makes them. and yes i"d buy one in a flash and park it next to the old busa,but I"d rather have a GL1800

I'm a die hard Busa fan but this 14 is gonna set a new mark for the 1/4 mile and I'm keeping a close eye on it I may have to jump ship.

My best friend has a 2007 ZX-14 and it is a great machine. It is the sole reason why I bought a Hayabusa in the first place. I was riding a 2003 GSX-R 600 and got tired of him beating me in every aspect while riding. I rode the 14 and that was the start of the end of my 600. I think the 14 is a great improvement on the older one, but still not for me just because of aesthetic reasons. I do not get close to using the full potential of my Busa, let alone swapping for another bike that is faster.

To each their own, but I will stay where I am with my cruise control and Suzuki tag.

I"m not loyal to any brand, thats why its esay for me to see how good this bike is. I just dig bikes dont care who makes them. and yes i"d buy one in a flash and park it next to the old busa,but I"d rather have a GL1800

Me neither and I never said it wasn't a good bike. I have always liked the 14. It has never "fit" me. No matter the performance if I am not comfortable its a no go again for me.

I don't get excited on the initial release. I will give it a while and see what the real world says about it and gets out of it before I decide anything. I also like to give it one model year to see if any bugs show up.

I was serious before when I said good luck! One cannot go wrong with either the Busa or the 14.

Posted from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

Cool. One thing that is a plus is that 14 s dot seem to hold any weight on the used market. I'll see and wait.

I'd ride it, lower it, stretch it, brocks pipe with chrome wheels and call it a day.

Via thunderbolt!

ahhhh, a bunch of armchair quarterbacks trashing something they have never ridden. or even seen in person! LOL

I will wait until I see and test one before dishing out the silly accusations. Don't you people have a corporation to protest? :)

ahhhh, a bunch of armchair quarterbacks trashing something they have never ridden. or even seen in person! LOL

I will wait until I see and test one before dishing out the silly accusations. Don't you people have a corporation to protest? :)

You're right, I almost forgot.. HARLEY'S suck! And leak oil all over the place! :poke:

It's funny to me that Ricky Gadson himself couldn't get that Hayabusa to run a 9 second pass. Obviously there's a lot of favorite-ism in there videos seeing that they're advertising the new 14, but come on. I've seen plenty of factory stock Hayabusa's run 9.8-9.9.

There's no doubt that this new 14 will be one bad MFer in the 1/4 mile. Everyone should be happy because now Suzuki may feel more pressed for some upgraded stuff by 2013

looking at that picture of you posing on the floor in that white elton john suit, I find it hard to give any serios merit to any thing you say.

I can't take anyone serious who doesn't know who the Stig is.. And who is Elton John? :poke: (or maybe I shouldn't use that smiley.. wouldn't want to get you excited) :rofl: :laugh:

It's funny to me that Ricky Gadson himself couldn't get that Hayabusa to run a 9 second pass. Obviously there's a lot of favorite-ism in there videos seeing that they're advertising the new 14, but come on. I've seen plenty of factory stock Hayabusa's run 9.8-9.9.

There's no doubt that this new 14 will be one bad MFer in the 1/4 mile. Everyone should be happy because now Suzuki may feel more pressed for some upgraded stuff by 2013

Rickey Gadson Very Happy With The 2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R @ ZX-14.com
Thought it was pretty well known that the Hayabusa was a 9.9 bike...

Yes, we will now protest Harley as you wish. I'd take a zx14 over an obnoxious junk Harley any day!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Yes, we will now protest Harley as you wish. I'd take a zx14 over an obnoxious junk Harley any day!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

We could combine the 2 and have Judge Dredd meets the Green Goblin :laugh:

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

I am going to commit heresy and say that with a 100cc bump over a stock gen 2 I can get past the looks. I would like to see some real world power stats cause If I can ride a B King I certainly can ride this hand full of ugly.
The old 14 put out 200hp at the crank with ram air, the new one puts out 210. From what I'm reading it looks like they focused more on torque than outright hp. I like it a lot better than the old one looks wise, but I don't think it brings enough extra to the table to be worth the price :whistle:

Several of the magazines ran quicker times on the original 06 14 than Ricky did on the new one (although I suspect the tracks were a little better). And those same mags ran the first gen busa almost as fast. The new 14 and second gen busa are still close enough that the drag times are going to be made by the rider, not the bike. That head to head vid was almost laughable the way it was handled to favor the 14. The new 14 makes 210 hp with ram air at the crank, the second gen busa makes 194 without......you add in ram air for the busa and what do you have? 2 bikes that are close enough that in the real world its going to be hard to tell the difference :laugh: The old 14 was a few hp down on the busa, the new one is a few up (maybe 6?) its not going to be enough to affect the real world experience at all. What will affect the real world ride is the fact that the 14 looks like its still more comfy with a lot better brakes than the busa...plus the new stroked 14 motor is going to have quite a bit more low end than the busa :laugh:
Personally I doubt suzuki will do anything to combat the 14.......considering the 14 is more expensive and doesn't have much more hp, plus the busa having the legendary name, I don't think suzuki is even going to be that worried. Busa's have always outsold 14's by a large margin anyway on name alone (even the first gen), and I don't see that changing anytime soon :laugh:

Back