2008 stock or modded Busa times !!??!!

I met a guy my first night out and he had an 08, lowered and strapped, removed the factory slip-ons, and think shinko tire; all else was stock so he said. He ran 9.4....dont know the mph.

I ran Ray (Tonto) 1st round. I red-lit and broke out. Bought back in and lost by .004 next round.
I also run SG, and SC with my other bike, so I was pretty busy all day.
Here is a pic of my new heap.
img_0023.jpg

I lost to Tonto in the semi's! I broke out going around him. The closing speed screwed up my judgment. His 106 to my 143 sux to judge. I'll introduce myself at the finals if you are there.

Ron

Hmmm i would just think with the oxygen sensor and bening on how picky they are they would just run like crap.

They actually pick up about 2.5 tenths and 1mph. They loose a ton of weight with those huge cans gone.

i would have thought it would run crappy with the cans off too but ive read about quite a few people doing it and they seemed to get a better E.T. i know that i went 2 tenths quicker with just slipons due to the weight savings. let us know what you do!!

These are the dyno numbers on my 08 with a Yosh with no muffler no power commander,just the stock closed loop. Check out the Air fuel ratio, spot on. Fear not yanking the boozokas.

Dyno_numbers.jpg

Well today could of went a little better. First pass one the bike ever just feeling out the track and the new bike and went 10.0@145. The next pass i tried to launch a little harder and did a nice wheelie. Third pass went 9.70@147, just starting to figure things out a little. Next pass, i was next to go into the burnout box and the tech came up and wanted my nhra lic. which they normally dont care about and i havent got one yet. So my options were to call it a day, or stay out of the 9s. I dialed in at a 10.0 made it three rounds and then broke out the 4th. In the last run i pulled the clutch in at about the 1000ft to 1100ft mark because i had a good lead on the other bike and figured id just coast and still broke out and kicked out with a 9.8@135 just rolling through the end. So i really really need to get my lic. and get back out asap. I love the bike and i really think with some more tweaking and more seat time 9.3s-9.4s will be no problem.

Well today could of went a little better. First pass one the bike ever just feeling out the track and the new bike and went 10.0@145. The next pass i tried to launch a little harder and did a nice wheelie. Third pass went 9.70@147, just starting to figure things out a little. Next pass, i was next to go into the burnout box and the tech came up and wanted my nhra lic. which they normally dont care about and i havent got one yet. So my options were to call it a day, or stay out of the 9s. I dialed in at a 10.0 made it three rounds and then broke out the 4th. In the last run i pulled the clutch in at about the 1000ft to 1100ft mark because i had a good lead on the other bike and figured id just coast and still broke out and kicked out with a 9.8@135 just rolling through the end. So i really really need to get my lic. and get back out asap. I love the bike and i really think with some more tweaking and more seat time 9.3s-9.4s will be no problem.

great job!!! thats the same problem im having trying to stay in the 10,s.. ive been trying to get my nhra lic. all year ive had the physical but no one has been around to watch me make my runs and sighn off on me.. i put mine in b mode so i would stay in the 10,s and ran a consistant 10.5 lol

1.60 sixty foot on the 9.70 run, i cut a 1.57 on the 9.80 run when i shut down and coasted the last 200-300ft to not break out but still went the 9.80. I have been doing the same thing with my nhra lic., i just havent been able to make it all come toghether so i dont have to worry about this problem.

Last edited:
one i raced last week got 6.30@119mph 1/8th with a pipe+shifter thats killer mph i thought.
1onknc.jpg

Thats the bike sorry lame pic but all i could find

2qsaqdu.jpg

Last edited:
1.60 sixty foot on the 9.70 run, i cut a 1.57 on the 9.80 run when i shut down and coasted the last 200-300ft to not break out but still went the 9.80. I have been doing the same thing with my nhra lic., i just havent been able to make it all come toghether so i dont have to worry about this problem.
Good job. I've seen you race and with a few more goodies I'm sure you'll be in the low 9's.

can i ask what your 60 foot was when you ran the 9.7??
I'm sure you remember me. I met you and your husband at Thrifty White In Jamestown in the parking lot. . I was driving the big white Spee-Dee truck. I told you I had a ZX-14. Your husband was sitting on his ZX-10 talking to me when you came out of the store. Remember?

absalutly i remember you !!! great to see you on here. I raced the busa at jamestown and turned a 6.5. I was pretty happy with that on a unpreped airport strip. thanks for telling me about the sale on shinkos at spencer cyc. i got one i cant waite to get it on!!!

08 Busa lowered,dumped exhaust,7"extensions,Shinko ultra soft compound 200 tire, best E.T 9.448@146.75 with a 1.550 60ft .... ordered and waiting on a 2 up rear sprocket, K&N,and a Brocks strap

Back