2008 exhaust

kwm works

Registered
Hello all,
Just starting a thread to see what the best aftermarket exhaust systems are available for the new Busa. I would like a full system but really do not want a loud system (race loud). I would like to add as many horsies as possible and shed some weight. So far I havn't seen any hard numbers on the new Busa systems.

Welcome. Search is your friend. It has been discussed here many times.
beerchug.gif

Seen a thread in the Dyno kings section about a full Dual HMF exhaust. The Busa put down some really high numbers....

I have a full HMF on my G1K and I have to say that the fit was horrible. Had to have the flanges welded up so it would stop leaking and the pipe is hitting my swingarm. Ok, the pipe is so dang tough that it has notched out a piece of my swingarm and almost cut through 1 of my OEM dog bones (Lowering links). I took pictures and sent it in to HMF and their fix was a 1/2" aluminum spacer that still did not fix the problem.

I did however get a 8HP gain from the pipe and a tune on my PCIII....

Thanks for the info. Reading about an exhaust and getting it from someone who is using it their bike are usually very different.

Brock and Yosh R77 are among some of the better exhausts for the K8 that ive read about. Akrapovic will be releasing some soon also that might be worth checking out.

Yosh, Ti-Force, Akrapovic, are not real loud. Ive got a Ti-Force, would have got the Akrapovic but they were not available.

wee

Full Yosh R77 carbon on mine. I took the removable baffle out on mine to get it a little louder but if you are worried about it, it's nice to have the option.

Back