2005 busa clutch upgrade

No, the first 60 feet. Good riders have good launches MOST of the time. Novices like me have good launches NONE of the time. Actually when my bike was stock I could launch the **** out of that thing. I am sure I could pull a 1.5 60' from a stock gen 1. With mine boosted, it is totally different. You will pull a 9.99. Not at first. Not the first 5 times you go to the track. But keep tweaking and going back and you will. I cannot go that low on the lowering links with my extended swing arm. I had to remove the fender even and install a tiger tail undertail or on launch the back tire was tearing up the underside of the fender.

Yea I need to figure out how to launch it with the stock wheelbase and see if I can at least get a 9.99 . . .

That would rule.

Let's go to street legal on Sunday ~ and see how close you are now . . .

You might be able to get kicked out early if it goes nines ?

You'll have a FUN time wearing out your clutch !

And you'll know how close you are .

It's just $20.00 to race !

Red, *<(:{)-

Let's go to street legal on Sunday ~ and see how close you are now . . .

You might be able to get kicked out early if it goes nines ?

You'll have a FUN time wearing out your clutch !

And you'll know how close you are .

It's just $20.00 to race !

Red, *<(:{)-

NO.. I dont want to kill my clutch red. what gets toasted? the friction plates?

True, I have only had one bad experience with a tech guy and that was my fault. I had the wrong attitude like you said. Most of the time anymore they just look for leathers, chain guard, tether of some sort, gloves, get you out of there. He is lucky to have you with him. I went by myself and it was a while before I could get some folks to talk to much less ask for advice. Nobody wanted to share, it was like all businesslike. People were willing to help you by handing you a business card and saying come see me during the week.

RedBull,they enforce the tether kill on a fuel injected bike at your home track? I've had good experiences at the 2 NHRA tracks that I go to and they let me through when I tell them it has a tip-over switch.

Red,they enforce the tether kill on a fuel injected bike at your home track?

I've had good experiences at the 2 NHRA tracks that I go to and they let me through when I tell them it has a tip-over switch.

Most of the times on street legal days ~ they don't really care too much, but the day they do ?

:rulez:

Both the NHRA and the IHRA track that I go to look for the tether the first thing. Then if they see a turbo, it gets about 2 minutes more of the checklist. Stock bikes might as well ride through at idle.

I assume you're local (Riverside, Corona, etc.) and so am I. I can recommend a great welding shop that shouldn't have any problem with your clutch. T&T Welding in Norco (951) 735-4745.It's probably best to stop by and talk to them, rather than call. The owner is Zach. Ask for Doug. Tell him Steve with S&S sent you. I've used them for many years. While you're there, ask Doug about his Triumph desert sled (Husqvarna frame and suspension, 60's Triumph motor, etc. -- all hand made by Doug). Or his sidecar that he built for his Beemer that he uses to haul the Triumph to Vintage races. He's very talented - he can weld or fab anything.

I am assuming you are near a sea level track plus I don't know how heavy you are but on my stock Gen I with brock clutch mod, 46t rear sprocket at SWB and slammed, I have been 10.40ET @ 133mph on lousy 1.80 60fts. I was 280lbs suited and at 5300' altitude. After performing weight removal mods and some tuning on the ECU, my friend at 170lbs suited runs 9.80s @ 140mph on a 1.52 60ft. He launches right off idle.

That 9 should be right there.....GL

I imagine its the 46t rear that allows him to launch at low revs plus he is swb so if he launched high it would be wheel up city, plus adding teeth to the rear shortens the wheelbase a bit even more. But that bike is probably maxxed at the end of the 1/4. +2 is a good streetable and highway setup and works for the track and I will prolly go back to that when I get my launch clutch issues worked out. I tried +4 and traction was extremely difficult. Whatever sprockets you end up deciding on, you should have a good full second or so of that last gear before you go through the trap. Watch some of ragnars vids on here where he has the go pro mounted on his head. Don't think for a minute that I have mastered this at all, I am quite the novice. I just pay attention to successful people and try to emulate. It isn't easy. Is there any way you can get a shift light? The tach is way off and you cant tell by listening when to shift. The stock rev limiter is set at like 10.6k and you will hit that, especially if you have any traction problems. An ecu flash can take that rev limit away and set the shift light to the flapper valve connection and you can put an LED on the dash.

Jeremy if you're SWB when you hit the drag strip for the 1st time on this bike Id suggest stock gearing and go from there once you get your launch down.

I need to get a ecu flash and a shift light. I cant just yet.

back in Michigan in 2006. I had a racing a 2004 gsxr 1000. I raced like 3 times. I got the best of a 10.55. it was a stock bike. just geared with a pc and ex.

Well thats ok. Just work on the launch and definitely go with your friend who is very experienced. Lots of times I go racing by myself. I have some friends who like to but it is far and a long day. More people, more fun and you learn. You go by yourself and you might end up at one of those tracks where nobody wants to talk or help any. Ive had that happen. No fun at all.

Back