2003 No Start, Wont Crank

SSLogistics

Registered
Hi:

I have done some reading but still need some help with my no start condition.

The bike is stock with about 15K miles on it - no accidents. It has been sitting uncovered outside for almost two months - but no other changes from running fine.

The only problem I have had was some missing that was fixed with new plugs about 3 years ago. It sat for almost one year before I put a new battery in it and then I would fire it up and ride it just to warm it up. Today...No Crank.

When I turn the key on everything wakes up normal. I have a green Neutral Light, the Kill Switch is set to Run, I can hear the normal click of the Clutch Switch as I pull the lever but nothing when I hit the start button - not even a click.

How does one check the clutch and kick stand switches? Is it as simple as a continuity test - open when the clutch and kick stand is out/down and closed when the clutch is pulled and the kick stand raised?

I believe the Kill Switch and the Neutral Safety are right because the fuel pump will not prime when the Kill Switch is off. but does when on, and the same with the trans, Says Check and no prime but when shifted to N the green light comes on and the pump primes.

I am going to remove the plastic and keep poking around but any ideas on what could have happened to make it go from no problems at all to no crank and how to check those thoughts is appreciated...I don't even know how to check for codes but think it is probably more like a starter relay or starter solenoid - where ever they might be???

Thanks for reading about and helping with my problem bike.

Battery for sure will cause this. these fat arse girls love voltage. needs alot to start. I would say new battery and report back.

Battery for sure will cause this. these fat arse girls love voltage. needs alot to start. I would say new battery and report back.
+1

The Clutch Safety Switch is easy to pull and service.
Also the other safety switch at kickstand - easy to service
Then tipover switch under seat, not so much: continuity test

Hope this helps

Back