2003 Loss Of Power At 5500 Rpm

ok i did the pump mod and still nothing. im starting to think its timing. its popping back thru the intake. anyone have a pic of what the gears should look like at tdc just want to see what a good set should look like.

This one?

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Someone on the site said that once the bike is running the cam shaft sensor is no longer relevant, if it's playing up, it will give poor starting issues but once the bike is running, it can be disconnected and the bike will still run perfectly ok.
I don't know what that photo you posted is supposed to show?

Someone on the site said that once the bike is running the cam shaft sensor is no longer relevant, if it's playing up, it will give poor starting issues but once the bike is running, it can be disconnected and the bike will still run perfectly ok.
I don't know what that photo you posted is supposed to show?

thats the cam pin when at tdc. ill try unpluging the cam sensor when its running to see what happens.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/thre...00rpm-misfire-at-9000rpm-onwards-help.191313/

You have similar issues but you said you fitted a good ckps, so, I don't know, it sounds electrical, have you had your injectors serviced and tested? If your filters were badly clogged, it's possible your injectors have been affected.
There might be something in the link that could help.

i think ransom is on to something here. mine feels just like im hitting the rev limiter.

I had fitted a new camshaft position sensor, so I didn't do the test, that ransom suggested, to eliminate a faulty one.
Do your cam shaft marks and crank marks, line up, as per the picture? A photo of the cam pin, is difficult to show, if your timing is correct or not.

I had fitted a new camshaft position sensor, so I didn't do the test, that ransom suggested, to eliminate a faulty one.
Do your cam shaft marks and crank marks, line up, as per the picture? A photo of the cam pin, is difficult to show, if your timing is correct or not.

yes sir all the marks are good and the amount of pins are right on. thats why im looking at someing along the lines of cpu or cam sensor. got to be electrical. only thing i have not done is put new fuel injectors in. the back side of the valves looks diry as could be so that might be some if the problem.

Seriously, seafoam does a good job of cleaning things out.
But, it won't always unclogg a dirty injector.
They need disassembled to be cleaned properly.

Berryman B12 is really good for cleaning things out. I just would leave it in the system very long. I will usually run a tank through at the beginning of the riding season, when I go on my first long ride.

Seafoam is the bomb. You can have the injectors flow matched and professionally cleaned for around $100, but you can diy it with a bottle of carb cleaner and a some creativity. You need to activate the injectors with voltage (not sure if its 12v) while spraying the carb cleaner into the injector. Not bad to do even if its not your issue.

so like a tard i unpluged some vac hoses and now i cant remember what ones go where. all the pics on the site have not helped me quite as much as i need.

Back