2003 Hayabusa wont start HELP!!!

I know these post are quite old, but maybe this will help someone else with the same issues, my 99 busa had the same problem would crank but not start and it would kill the battery very quickly, mostly this was on a hot start after being ridden. when cold it would start just fine but on a hot engine it would be a roll of the dice as to whether it would start plus you only got so many tries this beast would kill a battery in three cranks. One day at the shop it took three batteries to get it running it killed the first two outright, it was determined that it was the starter like an electric motor it has copper windings well they build up resistance over time 14 yrs to be exact and not to mention the old carbon built up inside from the brushes, inside the starter was a mess it was pulling to much current it was killing every battery and you could not turn on lights because the battery would not get charged then again a no start. most people assume theres nothing wrong with the starter because the bike cranks fine but so much juice is going to the starter there is nothing left for the ecu, coils, spark, etc. after it was replaced it was like night and day my bike would start normally even when running lights and when it's hot. note; I assume the hot starter has more resistance than a cold one is why it was so much worse after a ride the starter drew that much more current to turn over. I hope this helps someone, also make sure you're getting the right starter there are about 3 different types for the busa.

Back