2000 has a different air box?

G

Bolts for clutch are different according to Brock. Hoses underneith fuel tank. Bracket to hold bottom of fairings together.

JC (JohnnyCheese) seems to know a lot of the specifics and posted this:
"I've got more, Clutch fiction plates different, 3rd /4th gear different, Rods different I forgot the rest"

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 29 February 2000).]

Someone (cbxchris i think) told me that the 2000 air box is different in some ways to the 1999.
Can anyone elaborate on what the difference(s) are?
Any other significant changes. I also believe the connecting rods are different. In what way I do not know, but the article number is different.
1. Air Box
2. Connecting Rods
3. ?

Bob I read update manual from suzuki and it showed changes to the airbox in the crankcase ventilation area with a filter inside of the box which has to be cleaned. Guess what...I just took box off few days ago and it looks exactly same as my 99`s. Don`t know if later 00`s will be changed but mine sure was not. I took delivery on 12-23-99 on this 00 model.

Let me clarify that that box has been off since early January just had not took filter out to look inside. It also makes me wonder if mine has the updated clutch or not.

Is there a part number/order number for the 00' update manual you could post please?

the air box is only different where the vent line comes in the main change was the catch tank between the case and box is gone this is the reason for less oil in the machine.
I ordered new plates and they changed to the old number same plates the springs are 5 mm longer.rods are a different vender,
part number for supplement is
99501-39300-03E

JC,

Does that mean that we can simply remove that terrible contraption for the catch-tank and put a hose directly from the crankcase-breather to the airbox?

Or maybe even use a longer hose to somewhere high and put a small K&N on it to prevent those warm/oily fumes getting into the airbox?

Would eliminate the mess there on the '99 and make problems with fuel-lines routing probably disappear forever.

[This message has been edited by Animal (edited 01 March 2000).]

Back