2000 GSXR 750 runs 172 mph topend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have a Busa and about 3 weeks ago bought a new 2000 GSXR750. I am not saying this to dispute Gator its just that I have a different opinion. I simply love the Gixxer. It has a motor way beyond what a 750 should be. More Hp than my 1998 CBR900 even. Most ezines are reporting 124-126hp. Roadracing world showed it only 1.5 hp down on the 929. It handles like a dream and the fuel injection is superb( except at idle and who cares).Much better than the busa in fact. Due to the dual butterflys on the throttle body it allows the ECM to regulate air velocity and keep torque up at low RPMS and still scream like only a SRAD can above 10K.

It will never have the torque of an R1 or Busa. Then again nothing has the torque of a busa. But for a 750 it is great. The bike is a race replica so it is not finished off like a busa either. It really makes the busa seem like a sport touring bike. I got it as a second bike to hold me over until the GSXR1000 came out but now I am thinking I may keep it for a while. The buzzing on mine went away after 600 miles so I am not sure exactly what it was but several other bikes I have seen have it too.

Check out the photo of mine here.

http://members.aol.com/rotts4u/Secondlook.jpg

Don

Your right the bike has no torque HELLO it's only a 750 I know for a fact mine will out run every R1 that is stock or has just a pipe on it so At least give credit where credit is due and I'll bet your Busa will never be as fast as mine either!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back