2000 GSXR 750 runs 172 mph topend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixx1300R

Registered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just read the latest Motorcyclist.The ZX9 and R1 ran 169 mph top end and the GSXR 750 ran 172.Damn that's cookin for a 750!!!ZX9,R1 and GSXR 750 ran 10.20s in the 1/4 mile with the ZX9 the fastest and the GSXR 750 2 thousandths of a second slower.Damn that's cookin for a 750!!!.The GSXR 750 smoked them all on the track.The CBR 929 was there also but I dont remember what it did.They said that the ZX9 and the R1 will get to top end quicker but the 750 would run them down.Damn that's cookin for a 750!!!

With a full ti race system and PC2 you really got yourself somethin. The yellow is smokin. Fukkin thing feels like a 10 speed its so light. Makes me shiver to think what the 1000 will be like. Bye bye R1....

We just got one this week, we will race the 750 at Road America this weekend. With a pipe and power commander, it will put out 140 hp :)

godzuki, you're on it! I call busa dr. evil and gixxer750 minime...HAHAHA!!!

That's great for a 750, but remember its two years newer than the R1. I dont think Yamaha will stand still with the rumored ram air and fuel injection for 2001. BTW this years V&M R1 for the Isle of Man races has in excess of 200 rwhp and can do in excess of 200 mph with crappy aerodynamics. Its a great time to love sportbikes of any make or model.

As usual with the magazines they all differ.
Performance Bikes May issue ahd the 750 the slowest in tope speed between the R1, ZX9, & 929 and in the quarter.
There was a cross wind too.
The R1 was the pick with the 929 close behind, then the 750 and finally the ZX9 overall.
Its about what you want, and how well you can ride like usaul as well.
166 mph was the top speed for the 750

I own a 2000 Hayabusa and I bought a 2000 GSXR-750 about 2 weeks ago for my second bike. The bike makes a bad buzzing sound from the engine, and it feels like a damn 600 until you reach 10k rpms. So, today i traded it for a 2000 R1. much much better. The GSXR felt cheap and the fuel injection sucks, nothing like the Busa. I did put a little under a 1000 miles on the 750 so i did get to run the **** out of it. To get it on a wheelie in second gear it took everything that 750 had. What it lacks is torque and the R1 and Busa have much more....Just my 2 cents....Gator

Thats exactly why to wait till the fall, then your R1 will wear the silver and relinquish the gold. Hows close to 160rwhp with a pipe and box grab ya? All at a dry weight of 375? Am I being a bit optomistic?

The two areas with biggest potential for improvement on twisty/track riding are weight, and rider skill. Weight can be either the rider or the bike.

A rider who gets a bike with a 20 lb. weight advantage over another bike, if the rider himself is 50 lbs. overweight, is kind of wasting his time. Being a big-framed 6'1" rider, I could easily weigh 250. I weigh around 175, and I probably have less than 10 lbs. to lose. My bike is happy it doesn't have to pull the extra 75 lbs.

For rider skill, you can never be good enough. C. Dolan and I went at it at Carlsbad last weekend, with 2 evenly-matched bikes (ZX-12 VS. Busa). He spanked my a s s. I'm not bad, but he's been drag racing for 30 years. You can't beat the consistency of a veteran.

So in order, if you want to get faster;

1) Improve your skill.
2) Lose weight.
3) Improve your bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back