200/zr./17 tires

Numbnuts - I am still using OEM tyres and have pegged,canned and scraped the fairing on the road!! They Can't be that bad.
But I am intruiged by these tyres that everybody is saying are so much better.
Is that better in every way or just grip!!
I usually get 2,500 - 3,000 miles out of a BT56J, I'm on my fourth.
Has anyone actually had 3,000+ from one of these stickier tyres.
I wish motorcycle news would do a test just for us Busa owners!!!!!!
Nygie

Tangram

I've got the Dunlops on my bus, they DO make the BT's look like sh1t. I think the phrase is confidence inspiring. I wouldn't go anywhere near scraping pegs with the BT's. 207's are so much better. Am looking forward to trying the BT010's next time.
BT56J 2500 miles
BT56J 1500 miles (puncture)
D207 Sportsmax 2000 miles & counting, not even begining to square off, edges starting to look like I've been spanking them!!(because I have!!)
Don't do burnouts or wheelies, don't like hanging around, most of the time with pillion (although she only weighs 8 stone)All weather conditions (only mode of transport)
Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!!!!!
Swap you for couple of hours, we could go riding.........see what you think, this is really the only way to find out.

Sounds like big fun, NumbNuts. I may just take you up on that. All we need now is some DECENT BLOODY WEATHER!

Like you I ride in all weathers. I drive to work every day and can't agree with you more; it's most definitely the only way to go. I draw the line at ice and snow though. My first ever fall was the result of front tyre meets ice-covered-drain followed by a quick flip. I was only doing about 5mph at the time 'cos the roads were so slick. I didn't break anything other then my pride, especially as being young and inexperienced at the time I didn't kick the bike away, just tried to save it, and ended up being pinned down under it. Saved the panels, but it was a TZR125, not a 500lb ‘Busa so I wouldn’t recommend the technique now.

Anyway, I digress.... Where do you hail from? Anywhere near North London?

I was also terrified to lean my bike because all the comments I heard on the BT56s. Well, after 2000 miles, and progressively leaning the bike until I had my tires worn 1/2" off the edge; not a hiccup. And the tires still look almost new. Hell, if I get more than 5K out of them, I'll stick with them; you can't beat them for the money. And did I mention the twisties I ride are at 50 to 60º? I don't have any complaints on the grip department; I even wanted something less grippy that lasted longer, but 5K is acceptable to me.
Have a nice memorial day weekend!

Tangram, North London, sh1t, I reside in between Luton & Bedford on A6 thats close enough!!!
I found in corners, large lean angles, the rear BT's were trying their hardest to step away from where I wanted them to go (I had 2 of them). Altering Shock settings made no difference. Switched to a Sportsmax 207 in haste (because of puncture) the difference IS unreal. Just got to 2100 miles on them, yeah I spank them every now and again, but no burnouts or wheelies (wish I had the courage to try though!!!! & the money to fix it if it all went tits up) Just begining to go a little flat, edges pretty well worn, they heat up quick, loads of grip, better than the BT's in the wet, (lots of experience over the last week, 300 miles in torrential rain!!!) I will probably put 1000 miles on it this weekend, then change tyre if it needs it. I really want to try the BT010's Have heard glowing reports.....and front is getting ready for a change too..

NYGIE
I only manage 2500 miles from the BT's, and they were in worse shape at the 2000 mile mark than the 207's are now.... will let you know how I get on this weekend

TANGRAM
I too hope it stops raining. Thursday night, me & the missus on my Hairybusa and my mate with his Busa, went into London, just for a coke as it had stopped raining!!!
I draw the line at ice, but snow is fun, problem is, my car, a Triumph Spitfire Mk4, now has a 2.8 V6 in it, so its just as skittish in the ice!!! Makes a nice sound though from the 2 cherry bombs running underneath each door....

Stay Safe

NumbNuts

Numbnuts - the 207's you've got on are they standard sportmax? as there is three different 207's now. ( RR & GP ).
Cheers
Nygie

Back