2 up riding

Saxoplay

Donating Member
Registered
I'm a pretty big guy (300 lbs) and I'm possibly going to take a friend for a short ride tomorrow (~180 lbs). The combined weight of the 2 passengers and the bike itself (550 lbs ??)exceeds the GVWR indicated in the Owner's Manual (938 lbs). The manual mentions something about potential stability problems. However, my primary concern is any potential structural/frame damage. Is this a ligetimate concern?

rock.gif

I've had 400lbs on the bike and it didn't bottom out . I would stiffen the suspension up a little. Don't know about the frame strength.

You will be alright
wink.gif
check your tire pressure (42 psi) and use some common sense
wink.gif

wink.gif

If ya had an Alum subframe, I would think twice about taking that ride, but yours is steel, so I wouldn't be as wooried. Just dont go baja'ing or pull crazy wheelies & I think you should be fine...emp on "think"
rock.gif

Ran my 2001 100mph with 935lbs total did fine. Just check the tires make sure there good to go.

I ran for a day in the twisties with about 450 # on the bike. My 05 Busa didn't complain about it at all. I did slow down in the tight stuff because of having a passenger on the back. Easily caught back up when the road straightenend out. I have my suspension tuned according to the instructions in the Jinkster attacks suspension thread.

Back