1999 Unrestricted Copper - 14,000 Miles, Mint

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by vics, Dec 2, 2016.

1. vics

vics Registered

Contests won:
    The original....

Been in a heated garage for a few years now, never seen rain, simply out of this phase of my life.....
    - Full stainless Akro
    - PC3 with a radical map currently
    - NEW Pilot Sports
    Not looking to let it go on the cheap fellas
    Email or text: 6177979284
    Have many more images...

IMG_3181-X2.jpg
    IMG_3242-X2.jpg
    IMG_3238-X2.jpg

2. mabupa

mabupa Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Miguel
    Nice bike!! Good luck with the sell!

vics likes this.
  3. BLU88

BLU88 Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    J M GONZALEZ
    My wife's favorite .. how much ?? Where u located ?

4. ky busa

ky busa Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Garrett
    very nice!

vics likes this.
  5. Scooby315

Scooby315 Registered

Contests won:
  6. Mike Chambers

Mike Chambers Registered

Contests won:
    Very nice bro. put stock mufflers on might get real good dollars . saw on sell over here for $26000 NZD as was completely stock with 7500kms

7. bpjones

bpjones Registered

Contests won:
    Looks pretty clean for 14000 miles . How much $$ and where are you located? Do you have stock exhaust or stock seats and rear sissy bar??

8. vics

vics Registered

Contests won:
    HI; Located 10 miles west of Boston. Have stock seat and sissy bar. Threw the stock exhaust out. Note: the Akro is a hull stainless header. Think I paid $1,300 for it then...
    Not sure what I'd accept for it though I don't 'need' to sell it, just figure I need to down size.... :)

9. vics

vics Registered

Contests won:
    Hi - Just west of Boston. Unclear of what I'm ultimately willing to settle on... It's perfect. Make me a realistic offer....
    Place a deposit on it and I'll keep it in the heated garage until the Spring...

10. TIMMYDUCK

TIMMYDUCK Head Woodchuck Donating Member Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Timmyduck
    How about 5000, would that get it ?

It would become my daily rider.

11. BLU88

BLU88 Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    J M GONZALEZ
    I think you need to list a price if you are the one trying to sell something.. might get more interest on the bike. like i said my wifes favorite color. i and everybody else is gonna look at NADA GUIDE TO SEE WHAT IT SAYS AS THE VALUE.

Values
    Print
    Suggested List — The manufacturer’s (distributors) highest suggested list price in the U.S.A. when the unit was new. Unless indicated, the suggested list price does not include destination charges, dealer set-up, state or local taxes, license tags or insurance.">Suggested
    List Price Low Retail Value — A low retail unit may have extensive wear and tear. Body parts may have dents and blemishes. The buyer can expect to invest in cosmetic and/or mechanical work. This vehicle should be in safe running order. Low retail vehicles usually are not found on dealer lots. Low Retail is not trade-in value.">Low
    Retail
    Average Retail Value — An average retail unit should be clean without obvious defects. All rubber and cables should be in good condition. The paint should match and have a good finish. All lights and switches should work properly. The mileage should be within or slightly higher than the average range. This unit should also pass any emission inspection.">Average
    Retail

$3,125 $4,115

Options: (change)

Exhaust-High Performance (Street) $79 $104

TOTAL PRICE: $3,204 $4,219

NADA SHOWS RETAIL AT $4219

what are you willing to take for the bike.. as it does look very clean

12. vics

vics Registered

Contests won:
    Thanks and while that is all understood on an average vehicle, I believe we can all agree that 'value' is not necessarily associated with a static database search and often doesn't take into consideration 'scarcity', 'desire', 'color', 'increasing market value', collectability, comparative sales (sold) on Ebay, here, etc.,

That said, it's worth more than $4k to me and a person who understands this particular ride ;)

Ping me if additional images are required....
    -----

13. c10

c10 Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Bryan
    Very nice bird . worth more than nada 79 for exhaust wow . I dont think so more like 1000 for a great akro like seen

14. vics

vics Registered

Contests won:
    OK, going to Google translate for this. Anyone else freely chime in - Cheers.

15. c10

c10 Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Bryan
    NADA = saying exhaust worth $79.00
    Bird = Hayabusa
    Wow = surprised

len8827 and Mike Chambers like this.
  16. justintime2

justintime2 What's your story? Donating Member Registered

Contests won:
    Threads like this usually happen when people join this site just to sell their stuff, you signed up only a few days ago on December 2nd. If it's worth more than 4K to you follow the rules and post a price, this isn't an auction site. No offense but what it's worth to you is irrelevant, what somebody will pay for it is...

17. hayabuser

hayabuser Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Dave
    Personally I believe that of all the Hayabusa models ever made, it will be this bike that becomes a proper classic. First year, one year only distinct colour scheme, pre-restriction era... keep it 100% stock and watch the value rise (eventually).

I'd love to have one of these at some point, it would look awesome in my living room! :bowdown:

frisbee likes this.
  18. frisbee

frisbee GODSPEED RACING Donating Member Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Frisbee
    Take that thing back to 100% stock and sell the Akro. you'll get more for it

19. TIMMYDUCK

Contests won:
    Name:
    Timmyduck
    He comes to the World's largest, greatest BUSA board and a reality sets in, that over 100,000 of these Gen 1's were sold in the states, and unless he can find a collector / has to have buyer, he has a 17 year old, low mileage bike.

twotonevert and justintime2 like this.
  20. TIMMYDUCK

Contests won:
    Name:
    Timmyduck