142.2hp @ 136.8mph

LightCycle

Donating Member
Registered
Good evening ya'll -

I got invited to a real three-patch MC bbq and kegger today. Great bunch of folks. No pics though.... sorry.

Of course, I was the only sport bike, and having one of those Dyno Machines at the club house, everyone was real interested in seeing my bike run.

The guy running the machine was very cool, and obviously very excited to get a break from all of those big dogs.

He explained to me... and this is where I need your help, he explained to me that the machine a "SuperFlow WinDyn V2.4 has newer technology than the old Dyno machines. He went on to say that the old machines were built on 30 year old test methods, and the SuperFlow WinDyn was brand new technology. He also said not to be suprised if the numbers were about 10% less than with the old style Dyno, but his numbers were much more accurate to "true wheel on the ground" horespower.

Anyway, from a 4th gear roll on measured at 70MPH to what I assume was redline, I hit 142.2 HP at 136.8 MPH.

Man, I never heard such a roar in all my life. I was truly awestruck at the power, but after it all, I was a little disapointed with the numbers.

All I have is the two Yoshi RS3 cans. No PC or air filter.

I wish I had a scanner, so I could show ya'll but it's a real smooth arc.

The top of the sheet says "SAE Corrected Wheel Power vs. MPH"

There's a graph, very smooth measures at 140 on both sides.
The left side says "SAEPwr", the bottom says "Speed mph" and "Scooter Works" "SuperFlow WinDyn V2.4".

So what do ya'll think?

Now why didn't I think of that
40__s.gif

Any feedback would be great. I did just pick up a 4-2-1 Yoshi race exhaust, and it will be on it's way soon to be Jet Hot coated before install, along with the installation of a power commander, then I'll be getting it done again.

Attachments

• DynoRun.JPG
    359.7 KB · Views: 49
LightCycle, please post up some pics of your jethot coated stuff when you get it back. I am going to get a HMF Dual high mount system jethot coated, better than wrapping it.

Don

gsferrari - probably not much, I'm right off the Potomac River in woodbridge, Va. I googled for a sea level map, but didn't find anything.

usn04limited - will do, I'll take a before and after. They did my Trans Am's headers about 4 years ago, outstanding job, quick turnaround, and they still look great today.

Also, I just noticed we had a Dyno forum to post this in... sorry all.

Back