12,000mi for $2000 challange.

red1100cc

Registered
The Snizzle did Alaska for under $2000.
i take that as a challenge!
9400mi in $2000.
i i think i can do almost 12,000mi on $2000!

i would like to go from Casper Wyo. over to Lurch's place in Milwaukee , down to Blanca's by Key West, up to Prudhoe bay and back home.
with the help of the ORG. and some sponsors i think we can do it!

the Snizz took a month, i think i could average 600mi a day. that puts it at 20 days and gas at about $2000. if i can get some help, we can do it!

does anyone have faith enough to help me?
i am a heck of a rider and need some of the following = i need a place to stay every night about 600mi apart. some food and a bed, i can' t stay up late drinking every night, can't go tour your awesome town, just need some food, a little privacy and a bed. (won't turn down a libation, but please don't try and get me wasted every night.)
i blog every night and carry my own internet with me. (sponsors, i could test a product!)

i don't think i am trying to set any kind of record, maybe an ORG record.i wanna do it!

i want to plan for next July.
i am hoping within a year i can get a plan going.
all are welcome to join! it could be a group endurance ride supported by the ORG?.

i have ridden to Blanca's and back and wanted to take it further.

who's with me?

That's a heck of a ride bro. If you make it Tulsa, you have a bed and a meal.

It would be a trip to remember, that's for sure! Something I think most of us wish we could take time from work to do, so I say DO IT!! You know you'd have members all along the way to offer up a bed/meal :bowdown:

you always have food and lodging here. I even have a LARGE frying pan to make sure you get to bed ata reasonable time.:whistle:

as for tires. i have always paid my own way there, but i think it would be wise of me to write some letters and see if i can get a test set donated through sponsorship. im sure i will burn through a set or two.
i will have to change the 710 and oil filter a couple times too.

i would like to get a time lapse camera and maybe set up a live feed. i have always thought it would be neater than heck to be able to have my wife and friends log onto my camera and watch me ride, as im riding.

everything good starts as a good idea. :beerchug:

Put me on the list of stops! I have food(:whistle:)duh, lodging, Garage access with tire changing equipment.

Sounds like an epic venture.

You should be able to make the trip on one set of tires, (running 42 psi) and only one oil filter. Just drain and fill the oil in a car parts parking lot (so you can dispose of the old oil) and continue on. Seriously, I go 15K on my oil filter and I'm at 92K on my Busa. It will save time and money. Just sayin'.

You should be able to make the trip on one set of tires, (running 42 psi) and only one oil filter. Just drain and fill the oil in a car parts parking lot (so you can dispose of the old oil) and continue on. Seriously, I go 15K on my oil filter and I'm at 92K on my Busa. It will save time and money. Just sayin'.

+1 - I do the filter every other oil change -so, winds up being every 10k. No probs at 61.5k for me. Tires, I only get about 7k from, at 42 PSI. I'd offer room and food at my place near Denver - but your trip doesn't come near me. I'll make a Paypal donation for a tank of gas if you do it though :laugh: :thumbsup:.

Wow, now thats an adventure :thumbsup:

You know we got your back in Milwaukee, just like last time I can offer a place to stay and a meal :beerchug:

Wow that will be crazy.If you do the math it can be done, but you will really have to find a place to stay and eat for free, but it can be done.

Back