+1" dogbones

Cykill

Donating Member
Registered
I did a search, but couldn't find the thread on who had these. i know there was a 1 that had about 5 different brands/types listed. anyone remeber? been looking to buy a set (2 actually 1 for me and 1 for a friends Busa also) please post if you have info.

Thanks...

Put in wrong spot, didn't mean it to go in appearance mods page

<!--EDIT|Cykill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151452311 -->

I think Soupy was selling adjustable bones. I'm sure some board sponsors have something.

Ask Charlesbusa. Don't forget to ask him about his new Ohlins steering damper.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Here's the golden thread

Half way down the 1st page, you'll see 3 different links to vendors who sell them. Look for my avatar or sig line to find them.
wink.gif

guys...FYI i make threaded style fully adjustable links that will raise the bike as well!

OK, got the dog bones, went with Schnitz +1" But i can't for the life of me get the FUGGIN bolts lose. I've tried everything i can think of and don't want to strip them. Am i missing something? Stuck an impact wrench on them and can't get them to break free for anthing. even broke the insides out of a ratchet, and still just can't get them to break free. Any suggestions???

Thanks

Steven

give the bolt an eighth of a turn clockwise, maybe so you can break seal, then counterclockwise...

Are you raising the rear with a wheel stand?

You can't raise the rear by the swingarm because all of the bike's weight is still on the dogbones. You'll never get them loose.

You have to raise the back end with a jack(or something else) at the bottom of the bike where the center stand would mount. Jinkster attacks suspension also has another way of raising the rear without the swingarm.

When I used a jack, it was just a little unstable. So I used a rear wheel stand 1/8" underneath the swingarm just in case so the rear stand can catch the bike if it wobbled off the jack.

Once the weight is off the dogbones, it should be no problem breaking the bolts loose.

Hope this made sense.

You can't raise the rear by the swingarm because all of the bike's weight is still on the dogbones.  You'll never get them loose.

You have to raise the back end with a jack(or something else) at the bottom of the bike where the center stand would mount.  Jinkster attacks suspension also has another way of raising the rear without the swingarm.

When I used a jack, it was just a little unstable.  So I used a rear wheel stand 1/8" underneath the swingarm just in case so the rear stand can catch the bike if it wobbled off the jack.

Once the weight is off the dogbones, it should be no problem breaking the bolts loose.

Hope this made sense.
That was with the bike jacked up, and still no luck.

Also used a cheater bar, that's how i broke the insides of me ratchet lol...

You can use a rear swing arm stand, then place a scissor jack under the tire to release some of the pressure from the suspension, worked like a charm for me...

You can't raise the rear by the swingarm because all of the bike's weight is still on the dogbones.  You'll never get them loose.

You have to raise the back end with a jack(or something else) at the bottom of the bike where the center stand would mount.  Jinkster attacks suspension also has another way of raising the rear without the swingarm.

When I used a jack, it was just a little unstable.  So I used a rear wheel stand 1/8" underneath the swingarm just in case so the rear stand can catch the bike if it wobbled off the jack.

Hope this made sense.
That was with the bike jacked up, and still no luck.

Also used a cheater bar, that's how i broke the insides of me ratchet lol...
Dang,

you can try spraying wd-40 and letting it soak awhile... then a really long breaker bar
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152948576 -->

Back