08 Busa Refresh

ResidentEvil

Registered
My 2008 Busa Fell over in a parking lot in April,and since then,I've been giving it a refresh little by little,so here are few pics for now.I've changed a few more things since these pics,and will post them up soon.

20160811_150527-1.jpg

20160811_150519.jpg

20160811_150509-1.jpg

20160811_142329.jpg

20160811_142339.jpg

20160817_123542.jpg

who or where did you get your inner panels painted and the color break lines

I got my whole bike painted after the fall over, because it was cheaper than replacing the plastics. The shop is here in Tampa FL (You A'int Ready ) paint and body ,the colored lines also in Florida by a company called (CoreMoto).

who or where did you get your inner panels painted and the color break lines
There is a company in Miami called race ready that can do inner panels like residentevil's bike. They did mine and some other members here. Their website is raceready.us

This didn't last long.. Grrrrrrr! Back to the paint shop, damn kickstand. View attachment 401775

Man,that really sucks bro.I had my Gen I roll off the damned kickstand and had to replace the left side fairing,clutch lever,etc. so I know how you're feeling(me,you,and about a 1,000 other people:D).Ever since then(and now on my Gen II)I make sure and leave it in gear when I park it(especially if it's on the slightest downhill incline,doesn't seem to take much).

Don't think it's the kickstand bro,looks like the same one I've used for the last couple of years(T-Rex)since I lowered my bike and have never had any issues(I actually trust it way more than the cast OEM stand).If I park on level ground or slightly sloping to the rear I leave it in neutral,on any sloping ground towards the front or a windy day I leave it in 1st gear(but try to always remember to leave it in gear regardless is best,never have to worry about it:thumbsup:).

T-Rexkickstand5-1-2013001_zpsaf906918.jpg

T-Rexkickstand5-1-2013002_zps02832988.jpg

T-Rexkickstand5-1-2013003_zpsae8d0fd8.jpg

T-Rexkickstand5-1-2013004_zps2563835e.jpg

This didn't last long.. Grrrrrrr! Back to the paint shop, damn kickstand. View attachment 401775

OMG....trust me I know exactly how bad this sucks. Dropped mine right in front of me and was super careful for the next few weeks. Then, I let it run on the side stand one day so I could go close the garage door. What could happen? The bike was on a slight uphil incline. I checked that the stand was all the way forward......I took about 4 steps and got this feeling of dread. I turned and looked behind me too see my busa falling to the ground. chugging away on the driveway. I'm astonished to this day.

I have the T-rex sidestand too. I still have it. I trust it but only a thorough physical and visual check that it is locked forward. I think the stand is good but the round foot does not help if it's going to roll forward. Time for the kickstand mod. I should do this too.

If I park on level ground or slightly sloping to the rear I leave it in neutral,on any sloping ground towards the front or a windy day I leave it in 1st gear(but try to always remember to leave it in gear regardless is best,never have to worry about it:thumbsup:).

I take no chances ever again. It's parked in 1st and rolled until wheel locks every time. Every single friggin time and I tap the side stand forward a couple times with my toe to be sure it's forward and then i bend over and look at it so there can be no mistake.

Back