08 busa cam degreeing?

moody

Registered
Im curious if anyone has played with different cam lobe center's on the dyno on the 08 model yet? If so, what figures seemed to work good for more top end power and what was the hp increase? And does anyone know what Suzuki says what the lobe center specs are suppose to be on the stock motor?

I doubt that anyone has yet to check them on tear down. If somone has , it has not been made public to my knowledge .

The stock timing events I've seen are ridiculous . A probable typo from Suzuki or other . 97in/109ex .

Also the 2008 cams have not been put on a Cam Doctor that would note duration @.040 lift that i've seen but but  believe I have both the new model cams down to +- a couple degree's there at around .040 .

You could check the installed LCA's first and based on the actual centers probably be tempted go 104/107 after removing the head to see if the base gasket could be removed to tighten the quench area but still have ample piston to head clearance and piston to valve on the intake side . Maybe 105/105 . I would have to think abut it after checking stock centerlines of both cams while comparing TQ lines of previous dyno sheets .

One way to know would be take the engine out , bring it a couple hundred miles south with cam sprckets , a new head gasket and guide seals for use after the port clean-up they need . Come back a week later then hit the dyno with it and be most surprised .

Because of the titanium valves on the exhaust side especially , the trend just might be to cam and  valve spring the intake with some portwork as the budget build but for longetivity as well . It's got enough compression .....................finally  . The Suzuki TLR OEM springs on the intake look like the possible way to go . I really like those springs !

Well my buddy had his R1 tuned by Smithers today, and he asked Smithers what he thought the 08 Busa's stock cam timing was and he said that from his dealing with the 08 the cams center lobes were 105/105. just like the my buddys R1 that I degree'ed last weekend. Which I timed them to Graves specs 107/103. they said that was good topend power for the R1.

Well my buddy had his R1 tuned by Smithers today, and he asked Smithers what he thought the 08 Busa's stock cam timing was and he said that from his dealing with the 08 the cams center lobes were 105/105. just like the my buddys R1 that I degree'ed last weekend. Which I timed them to Graves specs 107/103. they said that was good topend power for the R1.
You are right about the change in lobe separation giving the engine more top end power but on the street I would run them straight up.

for anyone that might be interested i checked my stock lobe centers on my 08 busa tonight, and they were set straight from the factory at 104/106.

200.gif

Back