07 Grinding-ish Sound...

Danna

Registered
(please bare with me, I'm asking about my husband's bike not mine.)

Ok it's a 07 Busa it's been modded with a 330 swing arm kit(to include the OSD kit). At the end of Dec he thought he blew out the clutch plates as the bike because it was unresponsive in gear. Well he has completely changed out the clutch plate stack, and checked every other part of the clutch system (it's hydraulics) and no issues everything is in working order. He replaced his chain and rear sprocket while he had it tore apart. Put all fuilds back in and to level and now we have ran into another issue of this horrible grinding like sound. If the bike is in neutral it doesn't make this horrid sound but once he puts it into gear the sound starts and now the rear tire doesn't turn. (It's currently sitting on my front rack and 2 1/4 ton jack stands because the rear is so big, if that matters or not.) The higher the gear the worse the sound. This is the first time he has ran into a issue like this from one of our bikes. After asking other friends (and a few mechincs) we are getting conflicting information from it could be the OSD kit to the transmission. Can some please attempt to point us in the right direction. I would rather not have to guess and replace part by part on this bike if it's not needed. The sound seems to be coming from by his clutch pedal.

If it's not in gear it sounds perfectly fine. It's only once we shift into gear that the sounds shows up.

Well upon tearing apart the front sprocket and then some....it is the output shaft.... front sprocket is trash now as of the out put shaft. He is going to be down and out for a while. While we finish the tear down to ensure no other issues...

I am with out a riding buddy and he is with out a bike... fun times

I'm sure he will enjoy you riding him around.

Was this a result of a tight chain or hard launches?

I have no idea how it happened. (I attempted to upload a pic of what damage was found from the front sprocket area. His hayabusa is over my head.

As far as riding a passenger.... I will pass. I don't even like riding backpack on my own bike. (Will be one time next weekend for a funeral of one of our rider friends) past that... it's a no go.

IMG_1818.JPG

Back