07 fuel filter

busa dave

Registered
Ok I'd really like to change the fuel filter in my 07 hayabusa. The bike was sitting for about a year and a half with old gas in the tank. I drained all the old gas out. I have been riding the bike for a couple of months now. It seemed as though it was lacking some power. There is no sputtering, or any other poor running issues. It just feels like it doesn't have the power it used to. I changed the spark plugs and when i pulled them they looked a little lean. They were only in there for about a month. The last time i changed them they were the original plugs with 12,000 miles and they looked perfect. I've since run 2 bottles of seafoam through it (1/2 bottle at a time of course). I noticed a slight increase in power, but that could just be in my head.

My question is there any way to do away with the intank fuel filter and run an external on an 07? The factory replacement filter costs over $200 and i think that's ridiculous. I searched on here and it appears that the 99 to 01 had alot of problems so suzuki changed that set up. I couldn't find any info for 07.

Thanks,
Dave

I've thought about drilling out the existing filter and then adding an external inline filter. But it appears as though the stock filter is a 90 degree filter. so i don't know if i can do that, till after i pull it apart.

I've thought about drilling out the existing filter and then adding an external inline filter. But it appears as though the stock filter is a 90 degree filter. so i don't know if i can do that, till after i pull it apart.

Let us know what you come up with.
I am interested for next time.
Any in line filter after the pump has to be able to take higher pressure than regular fuel filters.
I have heard them mentioned, but never checked into it.
Good Luck!

Back