Supercharged vs turbocharged.

mikev7

Registered
I was thinking about doing a supercharged busa. Theres kits for it and the power would be all through the band. This would prob be unmanagable at slow turning speeds though. What are the pros and cons from some of you that might know more than i do? Theyre also cheaper than turbo systems and dont muffle the exhaust sound.

SuperMontage.jpg

http://www.tts-performance.com/catalog....1e48090

The awesome thing about supercharging is that the boost is based on your rpms so your slow speed turns shouldn't be a problem. If I were going to go FI on the busa it would be a supercharger because the torque curve is linear unlike the turbo which is almost like "go" button when it spools. I have decided to go big bore instead. Good luck and let us know. I don't think there is anyone on the board that has gone that route or if they have, they haven't posted up.

Don

I think 1 or 2 people on here have a SC. Honestly though, for this question, Suzukihayabusa.org probably has more guys that would know the answer. They're more of the Tim Allen "MORE POWER" types.
beerchug.gif

We have a Gixxer 1K (07) at the shop, the guy bought a supercharger kit from California superbikes. The kit sucked bad. The SC itself was ok, and comes with an independent oiling pump, and it is ok. It is the bracket and the fuel system that was not thought out at all.

They sent the wrong injectors, and we tried for weeks and weeks to get them to send us the right ones. I designed and made a bracket that would hold it properly. We finally gave up on the injectors, so we installed a fulepump/FMU and remapped it. It went to the dyno, I don't know the numbers it made(it still had stock exhaust and was choked a bit). It IS a wheelie machine with stock wheelbase. We recommended some extensions at a minimum, but the guy wants it stock,lol.

The guy that bought all the stuff was ready to sue em, the thing was like $4500 or something like that...definatley not cheap.

Heres a pic:

DSC02565.JPG

The link to that British guys bike is awesome! Lotsa money in that bad boy!
beerchug.gif

Yea i did a little reading on that one. I might look into that venture for my bike. Its gotta be a BLAST having all the boost power on tap from bottom to top rpm.

Linear power, "instant" throttle repsonse, that and a big bore and you've got one heck of a fire-breather....
super.gif

Mornin'Bird....

Back