wheelie

ch_0124

Registered
whats up everyone. i'm new to the busa world and i was just wandering if and when accelerating that the front end on my busa might try and come up. I know that it won't take much but i'm wanting to try and prevent it until i've good and acquanted with the bike before it happens. 5'10 and 210 pounds not that it matters. any info would be appreciated.

It all depends on the situation. I am no expert but the first two gears are where you will have the most trouble keeping the front wheel down. also watch it when shifting gears at high revs quickly. The bike is not too wheelie happy but it can if you want it too. watch that first gear and try to test it alittle before you just smack the throttle. Also watch out for just spinning the tire and going sideways. I don't know if that helps you but its alittle something.

Mine will come up if I nail the throttle
@ 4000rpm or better in first but that
back tire will get loose if you look at
it wrong.

P.S mines lowered front and rear

Wheelies are all about torque. If you don't want the front end to rise the best thing is to not twist the throttle too quickly, esp. @ 1st gear. Allow the bike to accler. first then go full throttle gradually. Also, I don't know your bike or what mods you have ... but the small airbox mod will take some of your low end torque away,  but you should do that in combo with a good exhaust upgrade and a PC, this will give you more over all HP while lossing a little low end torque. Just a thought
beerchug.gif

Competly de oposite of you, I have tried to bring the front up jut with the trotle in first gear and I just Cant!!
AAAssjani.gif
!

I start easy on 1sr and when I reach like 20 mph at 2,000 rpm i acelerate semi hard to about 7,000 rpm, in 1st gear, nothing happens!!!
guns.gif

and I would really try to make power wheelies!!!
beerchug.gif

By the way I have Yoshi's R22 Bolt ons, Power Commnader, the bike has been dyno tuned, and I HAVE CHANGED THE REAR PROCKET TO 44T!!!

blip the throttle at 20mph, makes the bike rock,then hit it again hard, she will come up.

with that 44 tooth, you go wot and the rear tire does not break loose. you are looking at the moon.

Ease into the throttle and lay up on the tank as far as possible. I've never accelerated hard for fear of the monster. The front end of mine gets light at will. Great bike. She's always taken care of me on landings. Careful not to damage the front fender or forks.

With stock gears, you need to be around 6,000 RPM when you hit it to bring the front tire up. Less than that and you aren't far enough into the powerband.

As dadofthree implied, I also depends upon where you sit on the bike. If you sit close to the tank it will have less of a tendency to wheelie. If you sit farther back on the seat it will lift alot more easily.

pop the clutch at 6 grand in second and it'll come right up
smile.gif

Or get rolling in first and punch it. As long as you're above about 20mph the rear tire won't break loose and it'll come up. Don't forget to cover the rear brake.

adjust your chain... mine was on the loose side and moving the back tire further back by about 1/8th inch actually made quite a difference in how it wheelies, much less now.

(archeryblackdog @ Apr. 16 2007,11:49) Competly de oposite of you, I have tried to bring the front up jut with the trotle in first gear and I just Cant!!
AAAssjani.gif
!

I start easy on 1sr and when I reach like 20 mph at 2,000 rpm i acelerate semi hard to about 7,000 rpm, in 1st gear, nothing happens!!!
guns.gif

beerchug.gif

By the way I have Yoshi's R22 Bolt ons, Power Commnader, the bike has been dyno tuned, and  I HAVE CHANGED THE REAR PROCKET TO 44T!!!
Sure
laugh.gif

Competly de oposite of you, I have tried to bring the front up jut with the trotle in first gear and I just Cant!!  !

By the way I have Yoshi's R22 Bolt ons, Power Commnader, the bike has been dyno tuned, and  I HAVE CHANGED THE REAR PROCKET TO 44T!!!
[/Quote]

Not in the powerband enough.  Get it up to about 6,000rpm's and just crack on the throttle.  BUt keep in mind I think a "throttle wheelie" is the most dangerous.  Not as controlable as clutching it up.  If you clutch it up you know when and how it is going to come up.  Throttle wheelies just kinda do what they want.  I would recommend clutching it. And as far as fearing the bike coming up....always respect the bike. fear is not neccasary, but respect the bike. Under normal riding conditions you should not have to worry about the bike just coming up unless your running into redline and hitting the next gear hard.

If you all really wanna learn wheelies, get in touch with the Starboyz in Ohio, they give a wheelie class on their bikes, and it helps alot. Here's some pointers. Power wheelies are easy in 1st gear on the busa, I can stand mine up all day even at 5000 feet elevation (I'm missing about 25 HP up here). Accelerate fairly quickly in 1st, snap the throttle shut to dive the forks, then crack it open again big and the wheel will come up. Go practice alot to get it smooth, and make sure you come down smooth too, don't panic. Covering the rear brake is a good idea, but makes for a funny place to have your foot when you're concentrating on early wheelies. Keep in mind engine braking will bring the bike down from 12 o'clock, and hard enough to bend a rim. Be careful. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you can still see over the screen, you haven't made it to your balance point and you're in no danger of looping it, the balance point is right about where your gauges get in the way of the road if you're sitting in the seat. This will be different on all bikes of course...my Busa wheelies WAY different than my 996. The only mods to my bike are a set of Yosh pipes, a marble, and a tooth off the front sprocket.

im a 260 big boy an i can't pull weelies at open throttle from a start if im leaning on the tank if im sitting up like normal it will buck high and hard in first around 9500 but im having a hard time getting it to come up smoothly and go down smoothly and i'de like to learn but i dont want to break my baby

i pulled it off in both first and second. not trying to but just hitting it hard. didnt come up very far at all but enough to know that it happened. some where around the seven or eight range i think. kinda surprised me a little.
SHOCKED.gif

(archeryblackdog @ Apr. 16 2007,11:49) Competly de oposite of you, I have tried to bring the front up jut with the trotle in first gear and I just Cant!!
AAAssjani.gif
!

guns.gif

beerchug.gif

Try letting off the the throttle a little bit just before you give it a flick.
This will load the front end a little and the rebound kinda helps the front come up.
Remember, the Hayabusa was never designed to be wheelied. So it's also the most difficult to wheelie.
Dropping 1 tooth in the front sprocket will definately help the front end come up, but it also gives the bike a whole new feel.
Watch these.

This video is a little more safety minded:

Start slow!!!!!!!!!!! Wear all the gear!!!!!!!!
Never practice on public roads...find a runway somewhere. Closed road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my 2 cents worth... I'll ride in 1st gear... about 5K on the RPM thingy... then just twist my right wrist... and up comes the front end. I kind of shift my weight so my butt is touching the hump, and that's it. Busa might not be meant for wheelies... but it sure is easy enough. Try just lifting the wheel a bit at first... then you can go higher as you get the feel. Busa does great power wheelies... but you need to be at LEAST 5,000 on the RPMs. Maybe 6.

Back