Which Arai for the Street?

GNBRETT

Registered
thinkn about trying out an Arai. love all the different designs and I know its a great helmet. I don't know much about them so which wud b best for the street and or Drag strip. how do they differ between the models?

I see there is the Corsair V, RX-Q, Signet-Q, Defiant. since there doesn't seem to be any transition style lens being released by a reputable company I'm gonna try the pro shade and see how I like it.

My daily lid is a Corsair V. I have an RX-7 that is the older model of the RX-Q. They are very similar, similar enough that they share most padding and visors. In my opinion the Corsair is a better street lid, quieter and has a more comfortable fit. The RX is a lighter helmet, I believe.

Cant go wrong with either one. They are both great helmets.

which one wud b the quietest? yea them corsair v always have the best lookn designs every single year. its like they pride themselves on helmet artwork.

Before anything else. Let's start with the your head shape. That way you can eliminate some of the other models Arai offers. Don't want to get your hopes up if your noggin doesn't fit a certain model.

Before anything else. Let's start with the your head shape. That way you can eliminate some of the other models Arai offers. Don't want to get your hopes up if your noggin doesn't fit a certain model.
see thats just it I'm kind of in-between in shapes. which different models have wat different shapes? I'm gonna hav to go down to revzilla and try a few on apparently.

my only other concern is they seem to be quite heavy and noisy from all the reviews I've read. thats not a good thing for a street helmet.

...since there doesn't seem to be any transition style lens being released by a reputable company I'm gonna try the pro shade and see how I like it.

My buddy swears by his bell helmet SolFX photochromic face shields. I like the look of their Star carbon helmets too. Something maybe to consider.

My buddy swears by his bell helmet SolFX photochromic face shields. I like the look of their Star carbon helmets too. Something maybe to consider.
I have the Bell Star with the transitions shield.

the only down side is its the worst helmet I've ever owned. its noisy as hell, heavy, HUGE, un balanced and neck always hurt, material doesn't even remotely come close to being as nice as my Shoie and it lifts at high speeds. I really don't have anything positive to say about the Bell Star other then the fact I like how it looks..... AND it has the transitions shield available. the Star Carbon does look badass ill agree.

they released a Transitions lens for the Shoie but then recalled it cause it wasn't working properly. that was back in August so I hav no idea how long its gonna be before they release it so thats one of the reasons I'm lookn at an Arai cause they at least have the flip down tint shield.

kinda weird lookn but Aria does a LOT of R&D to make their helmets so I can only ASSume it works as well as they say with limited wind noise. it does lock in place so it won't flip down on its own.

plus ive just always wanted to own an Arai. just about every pro racer on the planet seems to wear them so they mus b doin somthn rite.

the Transitions shield is a FAR better design imo no DOUBT but I'm not carrying around two shields to go riding every time I go out cause I like to ride late afternoon and into the nite so I need clear and tinted the same day.

On my 2nd Corsair V bro and can't really compare it myself to any other helmets(had 2 Shoeis but that was before the Arais so can't remember),but according to Anthony at Revzilla it's more of a race helmet than others in their line(and maybe a bit noisier).Make sure you either try one on or measure your dome size with a tape if buying online,I wore a large for 5 years when I should've been wearing a medium.:laugh:

Corsair V would be the race helmet.

Street helmets
Signet Q
RX-Q
Defiant (geared towards Naked bikes/standard bikes)
Vector 2

Corsair V would be the race helmet.

Street helmets
Signet Q
RX-Q
Defiant (geared towards Naked bikes/standard bikes)
Vector 2

Hey Big E I thought you told me once that I would fit in the Signet best, right?
But they don't have the graphics that the Corsair's have.
Seems that Arai wants you to spend the big bucks to get decent art work. :banghead:

Hey Big E I thought you told me once that I would fit in the Signet best, right?
But they don't have the graphics that the Corsair's have.
Seems that Arai wants you to spend the big bucks to get decent art work. :banghead:

If I could fit into a Signet Q, I would be rocking a Abraham replica. You really can't go wrong with any Arai. They are all top notch and expensive. Lol.

I just replaced my rf1100 with an aria rxq. the kicker was adding the new pro shade shield with the flip up visor. I love it because I wear glasses and hate carrying an extra shield or whatever with me. also bought from revzilla.

I have Arai's, Shoei's, Scorpion, HJC's, Suomy's and a Bell star carbon. The Bell is noisy as hell. The Aria's move the most air. The HJC (RPHA & RPS) are decent but have a narrow head opening. The Suomy's are heavy and don't move a ton of air (very round shape). The Shoei X12 is by the quietest and almost moves as much air as an Arai. Can't go wrong with a Corsair V or an X12. The RX-Q is supposed to move more air than the Corsair V at normal speeds. The forehead shape is a little narrower as well. If you want an Arai I'd suggest that you go to a dealer and get fit. They vary their helmet shapes more than any other company. Has any one tried the Scorpion R2000?

Bill

Last edited:
Back