Riding Boots

What brand Boots Do you wear?

• Total voters
How many of you where motorcycle riding boots each time to ride?
What brand do you where?
Post a picture if you can..
I ask this cause I found a great deal on some Sidi Vertigo boots, please give your opinion of these boots if you have owned them or still use them. How does the size run, on the tight side or same as regular shoes?

I have a set of Sidi's and really like them. I think i bought a half-size larger than normal as I'm not walking in them and wanted a little extra space for cold weather socks. The only problem I have is the side of the inner boot rubs against the side cover where that piece of plastic film is and I have to cover it with tape (let me show you the next time I see you). Make sure you get the "AIR" version so your feet have a chance to cool off in the hot summers.

I have a set of Sidi's and really like them. I think i bought a half-size larger than normal as I'm not walking in them and wanted a little extra space for cold weather socks. The only problem I have is the side of the inner boot rubs against the side cover where that piece of plastic film is and I have to cover it with tape (let me show you the next time I see you). Make sure you get the "AIR" version so your feet have a chance to cool off in the hot summers.

Yeah you are the reason I am spending this money:banghead: I seen your riding boots which made me start thinking. I read many articles on riding boots and the injuries to the foot that occurs in accidents. I dont want to damage my feet if I would have an accident...
They are the Sidi Vertigo's I am not sure if they are the air model or not. I already bought em. A guy wore em 3 times and they were tight so I bought them 120 bucks shipped to my door:cheerleader:

Well, you already got em, might as well use them! I think it's a wise purchase to save your ankles....

Everyone (Charlie) is always blaming ME for them spending money on bike stuff....:laugh:

I wear them every time!! But, right now I only have the cheap cycle gear ones (bilt) they had on sale for $75. Unfortunately I did a crash test and they held up pretty good!!!!

I am surprised over 40 views and only 2 votes? Are there really that many riders not wearing motorcycle boots when riding?
I went many years without wearing motorcycle boots while riding. Guess its from being an old motorcycle drag racer. I hope I enjoy wearing them while riding or they may be up for sale.
Maybe I should start another poll.

Why I choose not to wear motorcycle boots while riding
A) Price of them.
B) To hot on my feet
C) Uncomfortable
D) Loss of feeling on pegs and foot controls
E) I wear work / combat boots

Here is the pic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326763143.292735.jpg

I have 2 pair of Sidi boots, first pair water proof, the other ones are the more expensive ones with all of the armor, cant remember the name, but I really love both pair. :)

Unless I am riding to work in my work boots, I wear Oxtars, then my Sidi's.

I own 3 pair of Sidi boots. 2 older pair of Vertebra (1 race version) that I use for daily commuting
& a pair of Vortice. I love them. I need to replace one of the older pair and will probably go with some new Sidi Corbra Air's :thumbsup:

The brand has served me well and have survived 2 get offs. My only gripe with the older pair are the soles are not replaceable. Sizing for me is true and I love the ability to replace parts. I hear great things of the
Alpinestars line but have been brand loyal for the last 14 years.

Here are my Alpinestars... I love em, maybe not as hi end as the Sidi's but they are ohhhh so comfortable. If you ride all track I think the Sidi's are probably a heck of a deal but if you ride touring your feet might get a little fatigued.

AlpinestarsSMX5Boots-b.jpg

AlpinestarsSMX5Boots-b.jpg

Here are my Alpinestars... I love em, maybe not as hi end as the Sidi's but they are ohhhh so comfortable. If you ride all track I think the Sidi's are probably a heck of a deal but if you ride touring your feet might get a little fatigued.

View attachment 237792

I really like those Alpinestars. They look comfortable.
Its not uncommon for me to ride a 450 mile day when the weather is nice.

I have the following boots:
* Alpinestars (GP Tech and SMX-Plus Racing)
* Sidi Vertebra
* Joe Rocket Big Bang
* Icon Super Duty Boots

Back