Post pics of your Riding Gear - You have?

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
It's the dead of winter for many of us & we got a lot of gear threads to shift through.

So here's the rules:

Post pics of your riding gear- helpful to have you in them but probably shouldn't be a requirement.

1) What brand & name is your gear...
2) Where'd you get them...
3) Generally how much you paid...

I have a on-off Tecknic armored leather jacket. I got it at a motorcycle show for $100. It's seen about 9 yrs of riding so far & 100K of traveling. It always looks new b/c I use shoe polish to shine it back up after each big ride. It's very thick leather, lots of armor, and will stand up on its own. (No, not because I've been wearing it so long.)

Img_8807_Pashnit.jpg

The boots are Sidi On-Road Sympatex. 100% waterproof, and wear like shoes once you break them in. ~$240-260, available on-line anywhere. This is my 2nd pair. Wore last ones out after about 100K.

displayimage.php

The pants you see in the pic above after I wore about 10 yrs and finally fell apart & all the stitching fell out. So I got the Teknic Sport Leather Pants which list out at about $299. I think you can still get these. They don't quite fit as well as the last ones but I'll live with it. These are a standard catalog item you can get anywhere.

Don't leave home without your electric gear, and just got the new Powelet Electric Vest which I'm jazzed about. Info on that here.

liner_PHG-100_560.jpg

I prefer armored gloves and got the Icon Ti-Max TRX a year ago. They look like something Bruce Campbell would be wearng in Army of Darkness, but really like 'em.

Very pricey at $199 list (got a great deal after hunting), but they look great and I got 7 years of traveling out of my last ones before they had so many holes in them and the stitching all came out. :laugh: I can justify that much $$$ if get that much use out of them.

Also just got a set of the Powerlet Heated Gloves to go with the new electric liner. First time I've ever had electric gloves, but cold hands are a thing of the past. :thumbsup: Info here.

gloves_418.jpg

liner_PHG-100_560.jpg

gloves_418.jpg

Here you go. Probably the gayest pose of me ever taken! :laugh:

Well, this one might be more gay.

Let's see, top to bottom:

Shoei RF1000 Helmet with Chatterbox attached, 4 1/2 years old, time to replace

Jacket by AGV sport, also 4 1/2 years old. I like using it in the summer but it's getting worn out, just to the point of being VERY comfy! :D I doubt I'll ever replace it. I did buy the Vanson jacket last Octoberish and it's a great jacket so who knows?

Fanny pack is a Harley Davidson pack I got at a Harley store in Kauai about six years ago. I crack myself up every time I use that thing on the Busa!

Gloves are Cortech armored gloves. I love these things.

Pants were custom made by Z Custom Leathers in Santa Ana, CA. I highly recommend their work. Since I started working out in July last year, I've lost 18 pounds and now they don't fit any more. Time to see if they can adjust them for me.

Boots are Sidis but I don't recall which model. Got them from New Enough Motorcycle Apparel sells motorcycle jackets, pants and suits, boots, gloves, helmets, etc :: New Enough, LTD about four years ago and absolutely love them. The zipper tags broke off eventually but a pair of key rings slipped right on there and now their fine!

--Wag--

Last edited by a moderator:
Oxtar Sport Boot $99 NewEnough.com
Teknic Pant/Jacket $400 NewEnough.com
Firstgear underwear $100
Shoei RF1000 helmet $300 The Bay

IMG_7814.JPG

A-Star wh0re I am..
A-Star two piece suit
A-Star gloves
A-Star boots
Shoei RF-1000
Got em all at Motorcycle Toy Store.com. They are good to deal with and move on their list prices..

DSC_6382_medium[1].jpg

Oh, man.... This will take me a LONG time to post.

Let me tease you all with most of the helmet collection first.

38685.jpg

You do NOT have a pokemon helmet! Please tell me that's for your kid or something. That's hilarious! Um, but I'm jealous also, dang that's a nice collection (cept for that one)

You do NOT have a pokemon helmet! Please tell me that's for your kid or something. That's hilarious! Um, but I'm jealous also, dang that's a nice collection (cept for that one)

You know the Pikachu one is very hard to find. Its an OGK bike helmet and my favorite trackday helmet. J/K:laugh:

Icon Mainframe Lid
Frank Thomas Titanium jacket and matching pants, 360 zipper
Oxtar boots, I have some Sidi Canyons on the way, come on brown!
I think my gloves are Oxtar too
Joe Rocket kevlar underwear

January%20007.jpg

I wear mostly Icon gear. This is a skull jacket (retails for $600, but I got for $400 on ebay). Superduty cargo pants (cant remember what I paid), Sidi Air Vertigo Corsas ($475).

Jacket is heavy duty leather and pretty warm with the liner.

Suit is a motogp not sure of the retail but I got for $500 on ebay.

As for gloves, Icon Merc gauntlets, Alpinestars and my most recent addition, Tourmaster heated gloves ($145)

SC Trip 047.jpg

Superbike School 5 08 Poconos 012.jpg

In this pic I have on

*Shoei ZII helmet
*Teknic Lightning jacket
*Hein Gericke leather pants
*set up boots
*Joe Rocket Pheonix gloves

IMG_2309.jpg

A-Star wh0re I am..
A-Star two piece suit
A-Star gloves
A-Star boots
Shoei RF-1000
Got em all at Motorcycle Toy Store.com. They are good to deal with and move on their list prices..

Great gear. What is that bike in the right lane? Some kind of illusion? Looks like snowmobile.

HJC CL-15 helmet $135
A-star jacket $170
A-star A-10 leather pants I don't remember what I paid
A-star SMX-5 boots don't remember price
and A-star SMX gloves

Shoei X11 Vermeulen 2
Dainese Santa Monica jacket w/ Wave G2
Dainese Delta pants
ICON Superduty Khaki cargos
Held Galaxy roo gloves
Sidi Vertebra 2 boots

not shown are my sidi vertigo air boots, held phantom gloves and arai rx7 helmet.thats about it:beerchug:

Oh, man.... This will take me a LONG time to post.

Let me tease you all with most of the helmet collection first.

Old thread but WOW! I LOVE helmets!!! I envy your collection! and I'm digging the pikachu mixed in there lol looks like something I would do for laughs!

Back