Att: Fed employees, did you SEE this?

Figures you anonymous bastids wouldnt post up to this thread:rofl::rofl:you just won me breakfast from one of the guys here at work who said you guys would be all over it:rofl::rofl:

I tried to tell him we have lots 'o Feds on the ORg but good luck trying to get them to identify???:rofl:

The "agency" I use to work for broke those rules all the time for the "right" people. If you started working with them at 18 and had no other experience outside, then you were pretty much held to that rule, but if you came in older with more experience (no matter if it pretained to the job or not - got to love Government) then they could "bend" the rules. That just sucked from a career gov employee point of veiw. You follow the rules, work hard, move up the ladder like everyone else and then you get someone in who has little experience in the field you are working in, but because they worked at Merry Maids as a manager for 10 years all of a sudden they go from a GS 7 to a GS 10 manager within a year. The agency always sent the new people for manager training. It was the other stuff that you had to know about. Stupid division in agency. As a whole it is not bad. But on the flip side it is great for those who want to get into the government and don't have to start at the bottom. :thumbsup: Hmmmm maybe I could go back and be their section chief. :rofl: No way!!! All in all it is a great opportunity.

Oooops hope I didn't make you loose your free breakfast. But I don't work for the Gov anymore, so I don't have to be annonimous!!! Enjoy your breakfast!!!!

The "agency" I use to work for broke those rules all the time for the "right" people. If you started working with them at 18 and had no other experience outside, then you were pretty much held to that rule, but if you came in older with more experience (no matter if it pretained to the job or not - got to love Government) then they could "bend" the rules. That just sucked from a career gov employee point of veiw. You follow the rules, work hard, move up the ladder like everyone else and then you get someone in who has little experience in the field you are working in, but because they worked at Merry Maids as a manager for 10 years all of a sudden they go from a GS 7 to a GS 10 manager within a year. The agency always sent the new people for manager training. It was the other stuff that you had to know about. Stupid division in agency. As a whole it is not bad. But on the flip side it is great for those who want to get into the government and don't have to start at the bottom. :thumbsup: Hmmmm maybe I could go back and be their section chief. :rofl: No way!!! All in all it is a great opportunity.

:rofl::rofl:I feel your pain, but you're right on ALL levels, at least this will allow those that come in AND have the experience to progress up the chain by their merit. HR systems will ensure that the people meet the PD's anyways before they will aprove GS jumps, but like I said, maybe it will help us recruit new talent. Many folks out there need to retire and give the next Gen a chance to run things, the stories I have are looooong and some quite ridiculous at best.
Come on back! We still need good peeps here too ya know:thumbsup:

Oooops hope I didn't make you loose your free breakfast. But I don't work for the Gov anymore, so I don't have to be annonimous!!! Enjoy your breakfast!!!!

Nah I didnt loose it, the bet was 20 looks and no posts:rofl::rofl:

Ex-Fed as well. I can't complain about government employment too much. In 16 years I went from a GS3 to a GS14. But like the Mrs. said, they would bend any rule at any time to promote pets any number of levels in any time interval.

Doesn't mean anything for air traffic controllers, the FAA does whatever they want... Hopefully Obama can make the FAA act fairly again....

Back