What kind of gun is this?

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Seen this pic today, I can't for the life of me figure it out. What is that they are holding. Is it a gun? Or something else?

Italiansoldiers.jpg

Yep. It's a sewing machine gun. Made for combat trouser repairs. Even comes preloaded with O.D. Green and dress blue thread. The blue must be for support of the Air Force. They have less need for combat repairs. :laugh:

Those are guns strickly for women use only. If you look at the guy behind them It look like he has a m-16:laugh:

Interesting, and also notice that their Unit Badge on their Beret is different from the men behind them. Mixed unit in parade usually means a civil unrest combined unit. But the weapon (if that is it) really confuses me. Especially the butt of the weapon has what looks like sensor probe and a wireing harness in it ?

Hmm...I don't know, but check out John Ritter's gun at the 1:07 mark!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, I'm stumped.

1) Italian 2) Ordnance insignia on beret 3) N.B.C. unit designation on sleeve

That's a special purpose piece of equipment. My first guess was that it was for launching grappling hooks, but not with that gauge of line on the spools.

WHAT'S THE ANSWER???

I retract my previous statement. I don't think they're flame throwers. I bet those spools are generators. I'm guessing there is a magnet inside of there that spins and produces electricity and its sent down that black pipe and out through them plugs on the end. IDK, just my guess???

Yeah it's a French Design. It's called the Auto Surrender System. or A.S.S.

Simply put, the user fires this thing in the air and it automatically deploys multiple white flags and temporary pole... The OD green is merely to assist in cowering in a trench or Cafe' until such time as they decide to surrender and go back to making cheese.

Last I heard though even the Italians turned it down...

The Chem-bio patch is actually the Italian Patch for Pasta-N-Sauce I know it's confusing right? But the Chef core in the Italian Military is considered front line, get the enemy well fed, topped off with some good wine and maybe they'll go home.

Simply put, the user fires this thing in the air and it automatically deploys multiple white flags and temporary pole... The OD green is merely to assist in cowering in a trench or Cafe' until such time as they decide to surrender and go back to making cheese.

The Chem-bio patch is actually the Italian Patch for Pasta-N-Sauce I know it's confusing right? But the Chef core in the Italian Military is considered front line, get the enemy well fed, topped off with some good wine and maybe they'll go home.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: but how do you REALLY feel??

:rofl:

Ok so I broke down after being unsuccessful in my searching. I went and asked the Italian liaison officers. They did not know what the piece of equipment was. Italian Army troops - yes, Chem Bio Troops - yes.

They thought it might be used for decontamination or detection of radiation (launch a sensor connected to wire so you don't have to get close). The mix of beret badges could because it was taken during a national parade.

Most likely decon units. Dual nozzles up front, attachment points for water, Chembio patch...

Oh and FWIW I'm just picking on the French, I've been deployed with French and Italian forces and besides a bit of uniform discrepancy they were pretty hardcore and pretty darn friendly.

I love the French, without them we wouldn't have the Country we have today.

Last edited:
Back