Gold or Feathers???

KokomoBusa

Banned
Which weighs more? a pound of gold or a pound of feathers??

:whistle:

If you guessed a pound of feathers....you're right!!!:cheerleader:

Yes, gold is weighed in Troy ounces. A Troy ounce is a little heavier than a regular ounce but there are only 12 Troy ounces in a Troy pound versus 16 regular ounces in a regular pound. End result, a pound of gold weighs less than a pound of feathers.

Thank you Wiki.. Troy weight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Yes, gold is weighed in Troy ounces. A Troy ounce is a little heavier than a regular ounce but there are only 12 Troy ounces in a Troy pound versus 16 regular ounces in a regular pound. End result, a pound of gold weighs less than a pound of feathers.

and we get the answer from a hill billy:laugh:

That's still a lot of dang feathers. Where do I sign up?

:D :laugh:

--Wag--

They weigh the same. period. The question was which weighs more. a pound of gold or a pound of feathers. NOT which weighs more a troy pound of gold or a pound of feathers.

They weigh the same. period. The question was which weighs more. a pound of gold or a pound of feathers. NOT which weighs more a troy pound of gold or a pound of feathers.

Yes, you would be correct if Gold was weighed in Imperial ounces, but it is not. Look back at the answer.
It would be the same as saying if I bought a gallon of gas in England and a gallon of gas in the US which would take me farther. They are both gallons but one is slightly greater than the other. :rofl:

Yes, you would be correct if Gold was weighed in Imperial ounces, but it is not. Look back at the answer.
It would be the same as saying if I bought a gallon of gas in England and a gallon of gas in the US which would take me farther. They are both gallons but one is slightly greater than the other. :rofl:

You are not reading the whole thing. I'll say it again.

The question was which weighs more. a pound of gold or a pound of feathers. NOT which weighs more a troy pound of gold or a pound of feathers.

Unless you ask the specific question the assumption is that the same standard is being applied to both items.

You are not reading the whole thing. I'll say it again.

The question was which weighs more. a pound of gold or a pound of feathers. NOT which weighs more a troy pound of gold or a pound of feathers.

Unless you ask the specific question the assumption is that the same standard is being applied to both items.

gold is not weighed in imperial pounds....1 pound of gold is ALWAYS 12 troy ounces....and is ALWAYS refered to as 1 pound of gold.

good job for diggin up that answer hehe :thumbsup:

Back