The diagnosis is in and it's not good

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
I like to say hello to all my friends here because I haven't been on in quite awhile. I have missed one whole year of riding because my balance and co-ordination are shot for the most part. The official name of the disease is Parkinson's/MSA. It's the "MSA" part that is the real killer. It does in a few years what it takes Parkinson's 20 years to do. My life expectancy is about another 5 years.... sigh.

I so enjoyed the Bashes that I attended, the folks I rode with, even that darn "Pappy" of pushed my mighty Busa with that scooter he rode! I will miss you all terribly. I use a cane and a walker now, so the wheelchair isn't too far off... bummer. Then the end.

I am going to be selling my 02 with a billion mods done to it, including all my "special" tools and a large drawer of spare parts of every discription. I have no choice. I will be putting her in the proper forum soon with lots of pics ets. In the mean time, enjoy your lives and make the most of every day. There will come a time when you will be glad you did make those memories because good memories will sustain you in times of adversity. I know my own good memories and movies I made on the Busa sustain me, keep me smiling about another time in my life that was good.

So, I am medically retired now, life is good.... and I appreciate ever second of it I have. Take care and God bless everyone.

Bob

wow I am lost for words for you... My dad just passed 2 weeks ago from Parkinsons..

I would be more than happy to help you with the physical aspects of all this if you like... I can give you a weekend of my time ...

Just glad we got to ride when we did.. Just let me know...

Prayers with you !!

Last edited:
Dear Lord Bob, it is good to hear from you. I so very wish there was something I could do for you. You are in our prayers always.

Had a few shots from the Parkway run but having heck of time finding them

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the perspective, Bob. I wish you peace throughout.

It is a reminder to us all...to enjoy every moment, make the most of every day; hug the ones you love.

Hang tough, brother.

Such a loss for words here. This is one of those things that could happen to any one of us and your words of making the most of every day could not be more true. My prayers are with you

Bob, Glad you checked in as I was just thinking of you and wondering how you were doing.. You are greatly missed at the Bashes.
Pappy is always asking about you as well.. You are always in our thoughts an prayers.. :bowdown:

Thanks for checking in.. :thumbsup: God Bless My freind

it is good to hear from you...wish you weren't going through all of this and could be with us at the meets...you are thought of and prayed for quite often

Sorry that we never got the chance to meet or ride together, I wish you well and you know that you will always be in our hearts and prayers.

Never got the chance to meet you, yet anyway. Was wondering how you were doing, sorry to hear that it is not better. you are in my prayers. thank you for the life lesson, live life like there is no tomorrow, because you don't know what is around the next corner.Hang in there :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing part of your life with us. We are all the better for it. Many prayers for comfort and peace go out to you and your family. I hope you will continue to check in when you can.

I am very sorry to hear the news and my prayers are with you. Please take care and don't give up hope.

Glad you popped in and shared with us, Bob. Hate to hear you going through this, but know you will be a champ. Anything you need from us just let us know. Prayers sent for you. :please:

I'm very sorry you are having to go through something like this. My thought and prayers will be with you!

It's good to hear from you Bob. Sux to have to hear what you have to tell us. I dont know what is worse? Dying or knowing when the end is actually coming! I think the latter of the 2.

Take care, and make sure you pop yer head in here once in a while. You are one of our brothers. I hope the person that buys your bike knows just how special it is! :beerchug:

For anyone that wants to read up on MSA, I found this.

http://www.shy-drager.org/msa_faq.htm#What is MSA

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. Prayers are w/ you & your family during this time. Makes a person take another look at their life.

Back