Need new fridge... any suggestions?

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
any brand suggestions? I fixed the defrost on this thing but Karen says it is time to go... (10 years old)

Whirlpool is the best I have known. Stay away from Fridgidaire. My mom spent 2k on a Fridgidaire and it went out in 2 years.

Mines a Kenmore and is 11 yrs old and running great. *knocking on wood*

Some of the plastic stuff is breaking now from kid abuse over the years but cant get myself to replace it when it still keeps the food cold:laugh:

think I better keep an eye on this thread now???

I have a stainless one i got from the Viking dealer when we redid the kitchen.. Kind of pricey, (hey it shut the wife up and let me add on to the shop), it is great and has a 10 year replacment deal on it..

I have a stainless one i got from the Viking dealer when we redid the kitchen.. Kind of pricey, (hey it shut the wife up and let me add on to the shop), it is great and has a 10 year replacment deal on it..
:choke: 3100 for a cheap one? 6G average price? holy icebox batman...

Ooh, SubZero, that's the Busa of refrigerators!
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

Only if it will spit out ice cubes at 150+ mph.

Wow. I went to lowes and picked out something in the middle price range with the features I wanted. Check out their scratch and dent section. You can usually get a great deal on appliances if you don't mind a little imprefection. Most of those imprefections you wont even see cause they are near the bottom or around the back of the appliance.

Good luck.

Posted via Mobile Device

Im a director for the hayabusa of refrigeration Sub Zero.. I can tell you that you don't need to spend 3 or 4 grand up to 10 grand to have a good fridge... Kenmore and GE will do you just fine for at least 10 - 12 years.
10 years is basically the industry standard with the exception of SUB ZERO.. On avaverage our customers make 15-18 years with there units.
SCRATH AND DENT is ok just make sure you have a warranty & service contract..
Hope this info helps...
Posted via Mobile Device

My mom had a Kenmore for 15+ years. Of course she's not the type to replace....she'd keep fixing if it were up to her...which it usually was.

scratch and dent/ warranty/ service contract ... Now Karen is going to want the extended service contract Yea/Nay?

yup....get it. cuz you know that thing's gonna break a month after it runs out.

scratch and dent/ warranty/ service contract ... Now Karen is going to want the extended service contract Yea/Nay?

extended service contract yes.. if you plan on trying to get more than 10 years from a unit...
Posted via Mobile Device

LG or the Kenmore Elite made by LG. Both have at least a 5 year system warranty.

Stay away from Whirlpool SXS and Kenmores made by Whirpool. Same goes for Fridgadaire, Amana and Maytag. They use Techumseh compressors which are prone to locking up.

Most refer's only have 1 year system warranties now unless you buy the premium model lines. Ge's are pretty good too, but a bit overpriced and expensive to repair.

Suggestion ????...... "BUY ONE"....thank you :super: ....thank you very mushhhhh.... :oldcool:

:choke: 3100 for a cheap one? 6G average price? holy icebox batman...

I made the mistake of handing my wife the check book when we redid the kitchen, dining room, and living room. If i had put 1/3 as much into the shop when i built it, I would have a man cave that makes Mr Shelby green with envy..

Always good luck with Kenmore. Don't get a side by side. Just no room in them and you constantly move things to get to things.

r8

Back