You are "Not normal" well DUH, I knew that...

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I saw the surgeon today that did my CT surgery on my right wrist. The surgery was two weeks ago t'row. I was diagnosed with a not quite normal case of CT and tendonitis and nerve damage on my right wrist. The Busa has been killing me for three damn years... The outer nerve is damaged causing th palm and thumb numbness and the nerves in the tunnel suffered from the normal pain, numbness and other issues, the tendonitis part was freakin killing me, a severe burn right at the base of the wrist, IE a red hot poker would have felt better.

Anyway the stitches came out today and I got the all clear to go live life and have fun, he just shook his head the whole time and repeated several times that I am "not normal", I need that on a shirt I guess. I took no pain meds whatsoever after the surgery, it felt better thatn it has in three damn years, why bother, I have not worn the brace in a week and I have full use of the hand but with some pain if I overdo it. I rode the bike 30 miles on Sunday and had no trouble with the brake or throttle, Wahoo.... I have full grip and no need for the therapy either, the guy was just baffled by the whole thing. He said most people whine and complain and are afraid to do anything after the surgery, load up on pain meds and then want a refill, need a note for up to 6 weeks out of work WTF???

I took sandpaper to the scar tonight and it doesn't look half bad =)

Anyway he said he wished 25% of his patients had my attitude...

I got a kick out of his "You are not normal" speech, I could have had at least 20 people vouch for that, it wasn't news to me...

Oh the instructions were do not lift anything over 8 lbs for 30 days, yeah ok!!!:rulez: Did I mention I manage a warehouse store and most thing weigh in at an average of 50lbs?

Cheers, Grump

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Thats means i can make your bike faster now!

And you wont fall off now, dam what am i going to do with the insurance policy now! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great news! Had both hands done about eight years ago and couldn't be happier with the lasting results.

Back