When Do You Put Your X Mas Decorations Up?

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
I've lost interest in stringing lights and such in the last few years. My Wife has started her push early this year. I refuse to put it out before Turkey Day, but then I procrastinate until it's too late.

Is prior to Turkey Day too early?

We put them up the day after Turkey Day. But all we do is put up a tree. Nothing outside.

we don't put any up we only get a tree if the kids are coming to visit for the holidays

We usually do them the weekend before or after Thanksgiving.....which ever has the best weather.

I was in Home Depot on Sunday and they already had their xmas tree displays up. I think it's time to avoid Home Depot for the next few months.

Next thing you know the guilt of not buying enough Xmas will begin around August. Oh, and to stay on track, I don't do lights, but yes, this is too early. :)

This year I've been thinking about getting the tree up... Umm, Well now actually. I love having a tree in the house, Even if it isn't real the lights and decorations make me feel good.

I just love the Pagan symbolism as well, add to that the fact that most don't know it's indeed a Pagan symbol and it makes me happy.

As Homer J. Said, "God Bless those Pagans."

Besides, getting the sooner I get the tree up, the sooner it starts feeling like Winter, Snow, and everyone is a little nicer. Good excuse for Irish Coffee, candles, etc...

I'm all for it. :cheerleader:

Oh and FWIW NOW is the time to buy lights if you have a need for any... Good selection.

IMG_1172.jpg

snowbimmerIMG_1511.jpg

Last edited:
My Wife has started her push early this year.
Is prior to Turkey Day too early?

No. If it makes the one you love enough to marry happy; just do it. Besides, you get to look in her face as you do so. Best Christmas gift going.

No. If it makes the one you love enough to marry happy; just do it. Besides, you get to look in her face as you do so. Best Christmas gift going.

+1 Little things this time of year and with the current world climate go a long ways...

I just cannot wait for some snow, I freaking love snowy nights and Christmas lights...

I start after Thanksgiving. I just love the lights...makes me happy:cheerleader:

This is what I did last year.

100_2315.jpg

I don't think it is too early to start stringing the lights outside, just don't light them yet. Take advantage of good weather days.

I put my tree and stuff in the house up the day or two after Thanksgiving.

I don't think it is too early to start stringing the lights outside, just don't light them yet. Take advantage of good weather days.

I put my tree and stuff in the house up the day or two after Thanksgiving.

What do you mean too early?!

You never took them down! :rofl:

I Start putting up Christmas lights and decorations after Thanksgiving, usually on Sunday after, cause I am hunting till then.

....you know if the Indians would have given the Fathers a donkey instead of a turkey....we would all be getting a piece of azz on Thanksgiving:laugh:

What do you mean too early?!

You never took them down! :rofl:

Okay, your right. The ones on the eaves Doug left up there. Didn't feel like climbing back up there in the ice last year. Then I just plain forgot about them. Oh well. Just an early start for this year.

Tradition in our family has been to take the day after Thanksgiving for XMas decorating. Although you could do like some people and just leave them up year round, that is always attractive. :rofl:

I am putting mine up this week. BW's family is coming in for THanksgiving and I want the decorations up before they get here. Just gives the house a nice warm happy feeling.

carrytreehome.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, your right. The ones on the eaves Doug left up there. Didn't feel like climbing back up there in the ice last year. Then I just plain forgot about them. Oh well. Just an early start for this year.

Well, since you've got those out of the way, send Doug up my way... with my bum knee, I can't climb my 32' ladder...let alone carry it. :p

I haven't put up Christmas lights in years. But this will be my GF & my first X-mas together, and she is the biggest X-mas nut I have ever met. So I have been informed that my spot will be decorated and ready to have the switch flipped on Turkey Day. We will see what happens.

Messing with me all she will get for X-mas will be the electric bill !!

Seriously though, I am feeling this old girl, so I just may have to go ahead and light the place up for her.

This year I've been thinking about getting the tree up... Umm, Well now actually. I love having a tree in the house, Even if it isn't real the lights and decorations make me feel good.

I just love the Pagan symbolism as well, add to that the fact that most don't know it's indeed a Pagan symbol and it makes me happy.

As Homer J. Said, "God Bless those Pagans."

Besides, getting the sooner I get the tree up, the sooner it starts feeling like Winter, Snow, and everyone is a little nicer. Good excuse for Irish Coffee, candles, etc...

I'm all for it. :cheerleader:

Oh and FWIW NOW is the time to buy lights if you have a need for any... Good selection.
119360d1225776952-when-do-you-put-your-x-mas-decorations-up-snowbimmerimg_1511.jpg
and the spiffy 3 series in the drive never hurts.....

Back