The BI called!

motogp08

Registered
I was told by several of the other recruits, that management told them that we aren't supposed to be processing with the Sheriff's dept. for another 3 weeks...(because the academy doesn't start until Jan.).

Guess who called today? The BACKGROUND INVESTIGATOR, he wants to do the interview first part of next week! :eh:

I'm excited and TERRIFIED all at the same time! :eek: :thumbsup:

Anyone have any idea on what I should expect? Possible questions...how should I dress? etc...???

My LE dream is coming true right before me!...:please::thumbsup:

Rule of thumb is to dress a notch above the job you are applying for. Show up dressed like you would for a nice job interview. I would suggest khaki or dress pants with a button up shirt and tie. Although some of the LEO's might be able to suggest better that is usually a safe bet for anything short of high end management positions.

Stay relaxed and answer things truthfully, that thing I have been preaching at you the whole time :poke:, if it's there tell them what they ask. Don't give more than they ask, just what they ask. If you aren't sure what they are asking get them to clarify. This isn't so much a thing to get worried about. Unless you have some major skeletons in the closet... literally.

Anyways, congrats! :cheerleader: Keep us informed

Oh, its the IN-HOME interview too...thats why I'm not sure what to wear. (As I don't wear a shirt/tie and dresspants around the house all day).

But if it'll get me the job...hot D@MN I'm gonna wear a shirt/tie around the house!:thumbsup::laugh:

The point of this is to get a feel for your lifestyle. Put away all the John Wayne and James Bond posters and don't tell em about the dungeon. Oh and the Montana Militia manual.
Posted via Mobile Device

And the pron... for the love of God man... Hide it this time :poke:

But really, just dress semi nice, nothing spectacular. Probably need a LEO who has been there to give you the inside juice on this. Make sure the house is clean. Not just any room they will be in, any one they may see. If it's adjacent to the living room clean it. Dust as well. The people who do the in home interviews are observent. It's why they do it. They will notice things. Just try to make it clean.

And stick to the honesty thing :poke: in case you forgot :poke: :poke:

and I just thought of something... you probably shouldn't admit affiliation with the .Org until you are hired... cause they may come talk to us :poke: :moon: :laugh: :rofl:

Tell the truth.. like was stated above.. don't give them any information they don't ask for. Be polite and the BI will take care of you. Dress mature, and make your house look mature.. mow the lawn.. the simple stuff.
Don't Lie!..

Did we mention to tell the truth? ???

I know we said be honest, don't lie... But did we say tell the truth?

Oh mever mind... Stan got that in his :whistle:

and I just thought of something... you probably shouldn't admit affiliation with the .Org until you are hired... cause they may come talk to us :poke: :moon: :laugh: :rofl:

Oh my dog! Then I'd be RUINED!:poke:

:rofl:

Because, then they'd think I associated with a bunch of...

nuts.jpg

Oh and the lawn and porch are big. First impression. Remeber that although he knows that there is more to a person than a first impression, he also knows that first impressions are HUGE in law enforcement.

Think to anytime you have dealt with a cop. They are almost always in a clean, wrinkle free and properly worn uniform. For a reason. Do you want the cop with his shirt partially untucked, ketchup stain, wrinkles and other dirt to take care of your issue? No, it shows a lack of attention to detail. Military preaches it, so do LEO's. Detail is important in a lot of things, details can be life and death in law enforcemen or the military.

Remember em

and tell the truth :poke:

Oh and the lawn and porch are big. First impression. Remeber that although he knows that there is more to a person than a first impression, he also knows that first impressions are HUGE in law enforcement.

Think to anytime you have dealt with a cop. They are almost always in a clean, wrinkle free and properly worn uniform. For a reason. Do you want the cop with his shirt partially untucked, ketchup stain, wrinkles and other dirt to take care of your issue? No, it shows a lack of attention to detail. Military preaches it, so do LEO's. Detail is important in a lot of things, details can be life and death in law enforcemen or the military.

Remember em

and tell the truth :poke:

Well, the yard/inside are a little messy, but I'm still living at home. A guy on officer.com said that he'll probably cut me a lot of slack because I'm living at home. (The mom's place).

But I plan to dress nice to make up for it.:thumbsup:

Oh, and TELL THE TRUTH...*writes on notepad*...GOT IT!:bowdown::laugh:

Some of the most innocuous things could be made note of during the visit. If you play the lottery, don't leave any scratch-off tickets in plain sight.

Ever used drugs, ever drink alcohol, ever stolen anything, ever had sex with a minor. Expect to see these questions on the polygraph as well, and as stated be honest but short. Yes, No, brief.

Ever used drugs, ever drink alcohol, ever stolen anything, ever had sex with a minor. Expect to see these questions on the polygraph as well, and as stated be honest but short. Yes, No, brief.
Brevity is your friend. If they need more info they will ask. :beerchug:

Back